Chapter 1

***A/N Ok guys this is my first story so I hope you like it! :) P.S this story starts a little after season 2 fyi. Please no mean comments constructive criticism is ok but nothing just to be a jerk.***

Chapter 1

I guess the best way to begin is to tell how that day happened. I had just woken up from a nightmare. Again. It was always the same. It was 1490 and I was running in a dark forest. Don't ask me how I knew it was 1490, I just did. I wore a cream colored dress that fell to the floor and was a little too low cut for my liking. But all dresses were low then. I had lost my shoes a while back so I was running with bare feet but the sharp twigs and rocks didn't seem to bother me. I had to get away from where it had happened. Where they were killed. Where I became what I was. I never had asked to be this. It had happened all too suddenly and now I was stuck like this. I woke up sweaty with my heart beating like I actually had run miles when in actuality I had been in my bed all night. My name is Violet Pierce and I'm a vampire.

Now I'm not like one of those mean vampires from horror movies or like most vampires now. I never kill. Ever. I move around a lot and try to keep myself entertained while stealing from blood banks to satisfy the cravings.

At the moment, I was in a rented house on a beach in Italy. I got out of my bed and went over to my window to look outside. The beach was beautiful; white sand, with crystal clear, blue water and sky. I thought about my dream. It was always that horrible night. The night I came home to find my family slaughtered and then to be killed myself. I couldn't bear to be in my house after I woke up because I had vampire blood in my system when I died, meaning I could live. But the craving for blood was too much. I drank from my family to complete the trans-formation then fled into the woods and well you know. I ran. I pushed the thoughts out of my mind before I started crying. It had been 500 years since that night but it still hurt. The memory of my slaughtered family forever burned into my mind.

I went over to my dresser and brushed my brown hair and putting it in a ponytail before going downstairs for some breakfast. The house was brightly light with sunshine lifting my mood. Now I know what you’re thinking, I thought vampires hated the sun and it would kill them. Well I like the sun and, yes, the sun does hurt us but I had run into a few witches over the years and got a daylight ring. As long as I wore the enchanted ring I could walk in the sunlight.

I walked into the kitchen, grabbed a bowl, and some Cocoa Pebbles. I poured the cereal into my bowl then added some milk, thinking about my dream.

Why do I keep having this dream? It's been 500 freaking years, I need to forget it.

My thoughts were interrupted by my phone buzzing which I had left on the kitchen counter over-night. I looked at the caller ID to see it was my best friend, Lily.

"Hello." I said into my phone.

"Hhhheeeeyyyyyy." Lily answered back in her weird way. I rolled my eyes and decided not to say anything about the way she acts.

"Hey Lily."

"So I have some very important news to tell you."

"Ok."

"It's about your sister."

"No." I say not wanting to hear anything about my evil sister.

"Oh come on," Lily whines. “It’s really important. Like so important I could die from exploding cause I wasn't able to tell you."

"You know perfectly well, Lily, that I don't like my sister and want nothing to do with her. And I seriously doubt you’ll explode."

I absolutely hate my sister. She's the reason my family was slaughtered and how I became a vampire. Her name's Katherine Pierce. Though, I will sometimes call her by native name: Katerina Petrova. We're twins and ever since I told Lily that she's bent on getting me to go she her. I refuse because a.) I don't like her and b.) She doesn't know I'm alive. She thinks I was killed with the rest of my family. I mean the permanently killed not the, I was killed with vampire blood in my system so I woke up with weird cravings killed.

Katherine is a menace. She likes to mess with people a lot and I really don't like it. For example back in the 1800s she got these two brothers, named Stefan and Damon Salvatore, to fall in love with her. She then pretended to get killed in a burning church and the boys died trying to save her only to be brought back to life from Katherine's blood. Now both brothers are vampires.

"Pleeeeeeaaaaaassssse listen to me?" Lily's voice filters though the phone.

"Is it good news that she's dead?"

"No."

"Then no."

"But it's super important." Lily whines.

I sigh knowing she won't give it a rest until she tells me. "Fine."

"Yay," she squeals. "Ok, so Katherine has been traveling the world and everything and I heard that she's gone back to Mystic Falls. The place she met those Salvatore boys."

Lily pauses waiting for my answer.

"And I care because...?" I answer.

"She's messing with them again and you need to see her. She's your twin sister, V, she has the right to know you weren't killed by some crazy killer."

"I really don't think she should have any rights seeing as she is an annoying monster and I don't even know these boys. Why would I fly all the way to Mystic Falls to help them?"

"Cause I heard that Stefan has fallen in love with Katherine's doppelgänger. Her name is Elena Gilbert and if she's Katherine's doppelgänger that means she's related to you." Lily said triumphantly knowing I could resist family.

"Katherine's baby." I whispered more to myself than to Lily.

"Exactly. The baby must have survived and now Katherine's messing with her."

I sighed feeling sorry for Elena, wanting to help but how could I?

"What's Katherine doing?" I ask.

"Well she got Elena's uncle hospitalized for cutting off all his fingers or something." She answers.

"Lovely," I say sarcastically. "Is that all?"

"Well they don't know what she wants and neither do I and you know Katherine best."

"Just because we're twins, Lily, doesn't mean I know everything about her." I retort.

"But you've lived with her. You've got to know more than Stefan, Damon, or Elena." She argues back.

I pause knowing she's right. Katherine's up to something and I have to admit I'm curious.

"Fine I'll help them. But I'm not going to let them know. I'll be like some kind of guardian angel-like thing. And if they don't know, neither will Katherine." I say.

"But-" Lily starts to argue.

"No buts. That’s what I'm doing."

I can hear Lily sigh through the phone. "Fine. I'm going to be there tomorrow evening."

"Ok. See you tomorrow."

And with that I hang up the phone and go upstairs to pack my things and plan what I'm going to do to help.

***Hope u like it!!!!!! :)***