Mission Adam: Phase 4

Bree’s POV

Now everything is back to normal.

I should apologize to Alexandria and tell her what was going on the whole time.

“Hey, Chase.” I grabbed him by the shoulders to face me.

“Yes, Bree?” He replied, rolling his eyes in a teasing way.

“It is safe to tell Alexandria that we plotted this whole thing?” I asked.

“Yes, Bree. It is.” Chase said in the same annoying tone.

“Okay. Bye.” I turned him around by the shoulders and pushed him away.

---At School---

Alexandria’s POV

Bree and I have been so awkward since the whole Ethan thing. And now she’s coming my way.

“Hey.... Alexandria.. Umm..” Bree said with hesitation and nervousness.

“What do you want, Bree?” I acted annoyed with her, just to see her reaction.

I was also very curious about what she was going to say to. I mean, what she had to say to me, now that she got Ethan. I should warn her about him being a total two-faced jerk.

“Bree—“I stopped myself and thought, stop right there, Alexandria. Why do you even want to help her? She supposedly stole your boyfriend.

He’s not my boyfriend, I debated with myself.

The more I thought about that jerk, the angrier I got. I must’ve shown it because at that moment, Bree flinched a little and said, “Umm... So, Alexandria.... I wanted to tell you that... that... Chase and I planned this whole thing to show you what a jerk Ethan was before he could hurt you.”

That was surprisingly quick. Wait... what??? The whole thing was a trick, an act?? Bree still wants to be my friend??

“So... you’re saying that the whole thing was an act??” I asked, slightly confused.

“Yep.” Bree said with a tinge of curiosity, probably wondering what my reaction was going to be.

“Thank you.” I hugged her tight, taking her by surprise.

I heard her sigh with relief. I still had a friend!!

“You’re welcome.” Bree said comfortingly.

“But the one you should be thanking is Chase.” She added after we pulled away from the friendly embrace.

“Where is he?” I asked in a normal tone.

“There, watching the entire conversation.” Bree pointed towards a Chase that was trying to act normal.

I laughed and thanked her. I walked over to him.

“Hh-hey, Alexandria.” He asked with anxiety.

I’m gonna have a little fun..

“Chase! How could you do this to me? How could you plan all this against me?” I acted angry. I should enrol in drama club!

“Uh-hh I—“ Chase stuttered.

“How could you diss Ethan and not tell me? Did you record his confession? I want to broadcast it to the entire school!” I laughed heartily.

Chase laughed too. He sighed in relief just like Bree.

“I did. I was planning to broadcast it today.”