College Days Monologue pt.2: Monster in Law

Zar stared in speculation at I chewed on my last slice of pizza.

I purposely chewed slower.

"Oh come on." He whined.

"What?" I asked innocently.

"Finish the slice and stop dragging this out."

"Fine."I pouted. I put the slice down. I wasn't really hungry anymore." After he proposed we had to tell his parents officially. We were both excited about it. I had only meet his parents 5 or 6 times while Havoc and I were dating but they seemed to like me."

"Seemed?" He questioned.

"Exactly. We sat down to Mrs.Havoc's chicken dinner. Chicken, that's all we really ever ate when i came over. Maybe that's all that witch knew how to cook. Anyway, all four of us were at the table: Mrs. Havoc, Mr.Havoc, Eli and I. During desert we announced our engagement. Mr.Havoc was excited and he started to congratulate us and in the middle of his sentence, all hell broke lose." I stressed and Zar chuckled but stopped after he saw me glaring.

"She told us we where forbidden to marry because I was christian. I thought telling her that I was actually atheistic would help the situation. It didn't. It just made everything worse. She went hysterical and called me a 'Faithless whore who trapped Eli into marriage.' She then told me she would pay for the abortion if I promised to stay away from her son."

"Wow. She made you get rid of the baby?" He asked with shock and concern.

"No," I squinted my eyes, " I wasn't pregnant. She just thought that it would be the only reason Havoc would marry me. "

He chuckled. "How---"

I cut him off.

"I know this because after I told her there was no bun in the oven, she told me i was lying because that's the only way Havoc would marry a atheistic whore like me."