Arranged marriage

Today I was walking to school as always. I had my huge glasses on with my dirty uniform. My mom couldn't wash my uniform because she was busy and I was busy watching with little bother, Jun.

Everyday I got bullied at school for my appearance, I'm too thin, I smell, and i cant affored things like them.

Sometimes I want People to see how much pain people go through to live this way. Walking to the bathroom, I tried to calm my anxiety that was building up inside of me. My thoughts flushed with 'maybe it'd be better if I wasnt alive anymore'.

I smiled through the pain and tears began to drop from my dirty cheek. So, this is my life. I get bullied for being suicidal, not having what others have, and being me. Looking down, I relaized my arm was bleeding from digging my nails into it.

While I was in the stall, a group of girls knocked the door down and scoffed with their chins high and their arms folded acrossed their chest.

"What are you doing in here you dirty whore?"
They all started to laugh the other girl walked closer to me and grabbed my wrist, exposing my scars so everyone could see how pathetic i was.

"You only want attention."
She slapped me harder than I expected and I could feel it stinging. Throwing my glasses, she pulled my hair and threw me to the cold dirty floor. Their annoying laughter filled up the whole room as the the leader bent down, whispering into my ear. "You know, it would be so much easier if you could just kill yourself."

They all ran out and went to class when the bell rang. I went to the sink and washed my glasses along with the blood from my fingernails before walking off to class. I sat at my seat which was at the back of my class while people tried to scoot away. It was long before the teacher noticed my almost purple cheek.

"Are you ok Hana? Do you wanna to to the nurse?" Nodding, I walked out of class to the nurses office.

"come in." She spoke. "I fell." The nurse really didn't need an explanation, considering I've been here more than most of the students here.

As she handed me an ice pack, she told me not to go back to class until my cheek looked better but I went back anyway.

*

When it reached the end of the day, I quicjly made me way back home.

Walking inside, I took off my shoes and put down my things.

"Mom, I'm home." She came from her room and hugged me.
"how was school?" She asks, "The same as always." I gave her one of those fake smiles. "Come sit over here." She patted the seat next to her with a suspicious smile. "Why?" I asked and she sighs. "Come on."

I sat down and looked at my mother. "What is it?" She held my hands and looked into my eyes. "You are my only daughter and you know i love you right?"
"Yes. Why?"

"Well I just need you to do this one thing for me." She says as I rose my eyebrow. "It depends."
"I've...set an arranged marriage for you."

"Wait what? Are you crazy!? How coul you just give me away like that!?"

"Wait im not done! They are part of a rich family! This is an opportunity for you, for Jun, for us! This is our only hope!"

"So what if they're rich? We can eventually become rich ourselves." I tried to defend myself. "Look at us now. I'm not working as hard enough and if you do this we can start now."

"Wait so if i marry him for money, wouldn't that make me a gold digger?" She laughs wuth guilt. "A gold digger with a heart." I rolled my eyes and laughed. "I'll do this but can i divorce him afterwards?" She scoffs and hits my arm. "What if you end up liking him?" She asks. "Trust me, I won't." She shrugs and nods. "I guess." So It's decided; I'm going to marry this man for his money.