Chapter Twenty

Kim did not stick around long enough in the lobby to see Nathan pushing Felicity away quickly. She had already turned on her heels and immediately walked back into where Stephen was sitting. He noticed how she seemed to be in a daze and watched her carefully once she sat down.

"Something wrong?"

"Nothing." Within a minute, all of Kim's pep talk she gave to herself was completely forgotten. She moved closer to Stephen. He gulped from the close proximity and also when she placed her hand on his face.

"Kim..."

"Mhm?" her voice was sultry and flirtatious.

"What are you doing?" Stephen didn't know what to do.

"I'm just admiring the view."

"Well why don't you admire it from somewhere else besides my lap?"

"You're so funny Stephen." Kim giggled.

"Cut the bullshit Kim, you know Nathan would cut my dick off if I even showed the slightest interest in you. Don't play into his childish games and get off of me." Kim, who was then draped on his lap in an affectionate display for everyone to see, ignored his stern words.

"Just give me two minutes okay? I want to make him feel the way I've been feeling all god damn night." She began talking normally then, not flirting in any shape or form. She was desperate to get her own back on Nathan.

"You two are crazy and you're making me feel so uncomfortable right now."

Kim frowned to herself. She was glad Nathan had a good friend like Stephen. He clearly had morals and knew when to not cross the line. He would never try to get involved with Kim although what both Nathan and Kim had between them was nothing but sex. Kim just wished she had friends like him when she was back in Chicago. A sadness washed over her as more memories came flooding back. She wasn't good enough for Shane and she certainly wasn't good enough for Nathan either, going by his actions just moments ago.

"Kim? What the hell Kim?" Nathan's angry tone snapped her out of her thoughts. "Stephen get her off of you right now."

Kim didn't move from her spot, only grinned at Nathan in response. Her arm was draped around Stephen's neck and Nathan paid close attention to the contact but noticed how awkward his friend looked.

"Kim." His voice was dark and his eyes burned with fury, leaving a scorching trail wherever they landed. "We're going upstairs." His body was tense and his fists were clenched, his eyes never left hers.

"Fine then." Kim got up off of Stephen to say her goodbyes.

"We'll see you tomorrow." He glared at Stephen then, who held his hands up in surrender.

Nathan took Kim by the wrist and led her out into the lobby. They went straight into an empty elevator. Kim tried to shrug out of his grip he had on her, letting him know she too was angry, but Nathan did not budge. It was only when she glowered at him and spoke, that he let her go.

"Get your fucking dirty hands off of me."

"You weren't saying that last night when they were all over you." He retorted before releasing her wrist.

"Where's Felicity?" she sneered at him, ignoring his previous words because it was only then Kim had realised that Nathan returned to the casino alone.

"She had to go back to her hotel."

"Oh really? I'm surprised you didn't bring her up to our room and fuck her right in front of me. Maybe you'd get a kick out of that too?"