Chapter 2

Chapter 2.
Mr. Davenport's POV.
I woke up in the chair and noticed my neck really hurt. I had to go work at Davenport industries today. So yay, neck pain. I didn't actually care very much, I was more concerned about Chase. I looked up at him and he was sleeping peacefully. I was trying to decide if I wanted him to go to school or not. I personally didn't want him having panic attacks every day if he went, but he was having panic attacks anyway. Why was I worried about location? Ok, I had come to a decision. I slowly and gently shook Chase's shoulder to wake him up. After minutes of mumbling.
"Adam, knock it off."
He slowly opened his eyes, saw me and smiled.
"Morning Mr. Davenport." He said.
"Chase. I've decided what we are gonna do about school." I said.
"What?" He asked, rubbing his eyes.
"You can go to school, but if you have a panic attack, then you cannot go to school without my permission. Understand?" I asked. I didn't want to ban my son from school, he loved school, but I needed to keep a eye on him. And I didn't trust Adam, Bree and Leo to watch him.
"Yeah. I understand." Chase said as he got out of his bed. I left so Chase could get ready for school. I grabbed my coffee and went to the lab to wake up Adam and Bree. I banged on their capsules and Bree's eyes popped open. She looked at the middle capsule, came out and demanded where Chase was.
"He slept upstairs last night. Bree, I need you to try your best to keep a eye on him. If he has a panic attack, call me and I'll come pick him up, ok?" I asked as I put my hand on her shoulder.
"Why does he keep having panic attacks?" Bree asked.
"Chase asked me not to tell. Just keep a eye on him." I said.
I left as I saw Bree knocking on Adam's capsule. I came upstairs and saw Chase eating his breakfast quietly. I walked over to him and tapped his shoulder. He jumped a little, then when he realized it was me, he seemed to relax. I quickly looked at his face and arms.
"I still don't know what to do about your face and arms." I sighed in defeat.
Then Leo came downstairs.
"Hey Chase." Leo said witch made Chase jump.
Once he saw it was Leo, he relaxed as he continued eating his breakfast. I grabbed Leo and pulled him over to where Chase couldn't hear us, even with his bionic hearing.
"Chase seems kinda jumpy." Leo said.
"You cannot sneak up on him. He'll freak out." I explained.
"Ok. Why is he freaking out?" Leo asked.
"He asked me not to tell anyone." I explained.
"I told you not to tell my mom about Janelle and what did you do?" Leo asked.
"I applaud your efforts in trying to get me to tell, but he will get so mad if I tell anyone." I said.
"Like I did about Janelle?" Leo demanded as he crossed his arms.
"Stop bringing up Janelle and get ready for school." I said as I sent him on his way.
"Fine." Leo groaned as he walked off.
I pulled out a piece of paper, scribbled my phone number on it and passed it to Chase.
"What do I need this for?" Chase asked.
"In case something happens and you need me to pick you up." I explained quickly.
"I'm not gonna need this, but I'll take it to make you feel better." Chase said as he put it in his pocket.
Adam and Bree came out of the lab fully dressed and they quickly ate breakfast.
"Bye guys." I said as I got in my self driving car.
On the way to the Davenport industries building, all I could think about was Chase. I hope he would be ok.
Chase's POV.
Not gonna lie, I was scared, but I wanted to go back to school badly. I wouldn't let my fear get in the way. Besides, he was in prison, how would he find my high school? Anyway, I grabbed my books and hurried to history class so I would get there in time. I quickly sat down at the desk and put my backpack on the ground. My teacher was kinda pretty. A tall young lady with long brown wavy hair and sky blue eyes. I shook that thought out of my head and focused on the class.
"Today. We will be talking about criminals and how they are a bigger threat then ever before. At this point and time, criminals will capture you, torture you, and in some cases, kill you. There are a lot of well known criminals. Lee Jacobson. Name doesn't sound so scary right? He has killed a hundred people, from adult to child. Harry Reid. That doesn't sound very scary either. He has bombed a small country just off the coast, killing almost all the residents. Derek Darkins..." the teacher's voice faded as I started shaking and sweating. I started breathing hard and the teacher stopped her class.
"Mr. Davenport, are you ok?" She asked as she came over to my desk.
Then I felt myself fall to the floor and my vision went dark.
Hope you guys like the chapter and the song above!
Don't forget to send questions for my Q and A and nominate stories and writer's for my contest!
Over and out.
Susz13.