Chapter 1

FIVE YEARS LATER

Monique POV

Five years had past and many things changed, but it seem as if some things were meant to be the same. . .in a way.

Michael is now the riches man in this country. He's famous, ignorant, cocky and the part I never really expected him to be, a player. The guy even has a tattoo now. He's actually everything he wasn't at first, but I think I know why, heck of course I know why.

Akeilia on the other hand got through school so successfully. When she said that she wanted to focus on her academy, she really wasn't joking. She's now a serious business woman who takes her work seriously. She has her own apartment, car etc. She really surprised me. Especially after she stayed in and cried her eyes out until they're swollen for practically three months, after she caught Michael red handed with that woman. Who to tell she didn't sat on his d*ck too. I hate Michael for doing that to her. Apart from her success, what he did affected her deeply. She's not interested on settling down with any man even if they're good people or even seem good. Somehow everyone she spoke to drifted from her. It made her think that something is wrong with her and that made her even more sad. I hate seeing what my friend has become.

She use to change men often but I haven't seen her with any lately. I tried talking to her about it, but she got upset with me and avoided me for about a week. After we started speaking to each other again, I tried not to bring up anything that would make her feel annoyed. God, I told her to admit her feelings for him before its too late and she didn't. Now look what's happening. Maybe if she had told him a long time ago despite of what she was going through, Michael wouldn't have been with that no good tramp. Still he's a man too and he went a while without tender physical attachment. He was really stressed out and needed a break.

Akeilia told me that John said Michael killed someone, but of course she wouldn't believe. Until she asked him and he didn't give a straight answer. She's confused and hurt. I don't see why Michael should've hid it from her. They'd been through so much. She also trusted and loved him. . .but of course he doesn't know that.

Five years ago after the three months she was stressed out, Akeilia told me that Michael asked her if she was at his office and why is she avoiding him. He probably had a feeling that Akeilia found out what he did, but maybe wasn't sure. Its obvious that the secretary told him she'd been there. I asked her what she'd told him. She said that she told him yes she was there but got an urgent call and had to leave immediately. When he asked for an explanation for avoiding him, she told him that she's busy with school work. Why didn't she just tell him there and then? They could've worked something out. Its not like they were in an intimate relationship when he did it.

Five years had passed, five freaking years and all they do is make each other miserable instead of just working things out and admit their feelings, then just f*ck it out or something. I would've told Michael that Akeilia is in love with him to make things easier, but it wouldn't be fair for him to hear it from me. Akeilia won't even listen to me, she's so damn stubborn.

"Hey". I frowned and groan a bit, slowly turned my body to the direction of my husband. And no its not Leon.

He sat beside me and lift my feet then rest them on his lap.

"Home so early?" I asked smiling at him. He stretched a bit, rest his hand on my bloated six month old belly then started rubbing it slowly.

"I can't be too long from him. . .or her. I still don't get why you don't want to find out".

I rolled my eyes and sigh.

"I think your going to torment me until my delivery, heck you've been tormenting me since three months now, so let's just get it over with". I said in surrender.