Chapter 19

"Look what I found, Ari." He held the newspaper high up and pointed at the picture on it. "I see you on the newspaper."

She grabbed it and skimmed through it before reading it out loud. "Aria Rutherford, the girl who left everything amidst confusion. Contact the Rutherfords if you come across her. This is urgent."

"They are worried." Conor stroked her shoulders.

"They are stupid." She sighed, throwing the newspaper on the couch. "Conor, are you happy with me?"

He took a few steps back and she turned to peer at his face. He was hesitant but he answered quickly. "I wouldn't say happy. Ever since you've come into my life, everything has been confusing. When I married you, I had no idea what I was thinking. But I don't regret it and I find that very strange."

"That means you love me." Aria sneered at him while holding her arms behind her back.

"No. I still love Dee."

"You're lying."

"Aria, please. You don't know what I'm going through." He shouted before walking towards the door.

"Oh, so now you're gonna walk away from me just like you did to Anora? I left my home for you, my family for you."

"I never asked you to! I didn't even know you! So why?"

"Because I love you. I love you as much as Anora loved you." She approached him and grabbed his hand as she entwined her fingers with his.

Conor stared at her innocent face which cried and pleaded for him, but he just couldn't get himself to do anything. The whole situation was perplexing him, it was hard for him to digest everything but he knew he had to stay strong. All of a sudden, his hand caressed her cheek and he couldn't control it. His arm went around her waist and he pulled her closer to him, feeling her petite body's warmth which was pleading him not to stop.

"This is wrong."

"That is what you told Anora. But did it end well? Did you not love her?"

"I did."

She brought her lips closer to his ear before lustrously whispering the words; "I am Anora."

He shut his eyes before visualizing Anora in his mind. She was a beautiful lady who he loved, who he wanted to cherish but he was hesitant about revealing these facts. That is why he lost her. "I can't let that happen to you again, Anora." He spoke his mind before picking her up into his arms and making his way towards the room.

He dropped her on the bed and peered into her shiny eyes, which spoke louder than the silence. He gradually removed his shirt, then caught her smirking victoriously.

"Tonight, we shall forget everything and start a new beginning." She whispered as her eyes slowly shut.

And truly, the night was magical for both of them. This had an effect on the upcoming days, weeks and even months, as the couple lived joyously with no worries in their lives. Conor lied to Dee, telling her that he was going on his UFC tour, whereas, in reality, he was happily settled with Aria. Months and months passed with ease, and these months gave them everything that they had wished for, especially Aria. She had a wonderful job, was getting paid heavily and her reputation was high. Her designs were well known amongst the daily magazine readers who found them on the front pages of the magazines, and she herself was interviewed almost everyday by the media. Her fame was rising, but so was her love with Conor, who was completely proud of her. Then there were times when Conor would receive a call of duty and he'd run off to another country for his scheduled UFC matches but Aria did not mind it because she knew that she had to compromise, and since he was supporting her so much with her job, she had to support him too. Sometimes, he'd be off to Chicago and sometimes, he'd be in Los Angeles. But that did not stop him from coming back to Dublin, during his week's break, to get in touch with his beloved Aria.

An year elapsed, and Conor was finally free from his matches. No more of Nate Diaz or José Aldo or even Dana White, who was the mastermind of his matches. Conor had the trick of convincing his boss for a break every time and maybe that is why he was envied by many UFC fighters.

"My sweet King, you must wake up now." Aria whispered into his ear before running her hand across his red, smooth hair.

He was still half asleep as he grabbed her and pulled her on the bed. "Stay with me. It's Sunday."

"Looks like you really are tired after all those matches. Every month I had to see you leave for two weeks." Aria bit her lower lip as she recalled all the loneliness while he was absent.

"I'm with you now, and I will be with you for the next four months without going anywhere." He cuddled her closely, with his strong masculine arms on which clear blue veins were visible as he exerted pressure while hugging her.

His phone started ringing and he pulled back to grab his phone from the end table. He checked the caller ID and Aria observed his expression change from a tranquil one to a distressed one. Conor answered the call and sighed heavily before speaking. "Hi Dee."

"Where are you now? And when are you coming back? It's been an year since I last saw you. I asked your coach and he said that he hasn't seen you either. You haven't even answered my calls since the last month-"

"Will you shut up and hear yourself? I am a working man and you sound like an obsessed psychopath right now. Jeez, Dee, calm yourself." He sat up straight and Aria hugged him before laying down her head on his chest, a very contrasting situation, compared to Dee, who walked around her room with a tense and a miserable condition.

Her eyes clearly signified the fact that she hadn't slept properly since a long time. Wrinkles were forming on her forehead, a clear sign of weakness and stress. Mentally, she was aware of the fact that she was losing her husband and that mental state was affecting her physical state. She had lost all her hope, all her peace and all her appetite. These were the reasons why there was nothing left on her body except for her bones and her weak, dry skin.

"Come to me, Conor. I'll die. I am desperate and I'm eager to see you, please." Her eyes teared up as her helplessness overpowered her tiny spark of hope.

He paused. He thought. He breathed. Soon enough, he was ready with his answer. "I am coming to Dublin tonight. I shall see you."

"Conor, I'm so pleased. Are you in London? You can't obviously be in the US-"

"I am in England, yes. I will meet you, so stop worrying."

"Alright." She finally smiled and sighed before closing her eyes and allowing her mouth to utter her last words. "I love you."

It was strange that Conor did not feel anything for her. When he thought of Dee, he felt hollow from the inside. Without responding to her words, he hung up the call and laid his head down against the pillow. His lover did not utter a word because she knew that he was thinking deep and she knew that there was a compromise to come which she had to make, and that was to let him visit his wife.