Dinner and Pain

Harry's POV
Bumper's screams make me sit up in bed. I look around, taking in my surroundings. I'm in a hotel room? I blink, and shake my head. I open my eyes again. My surroundings are still the same.
"You are supposed to be my savior, remember?" Bumper's voice fills my ears, as I hear a door shut. Immediately, I jerk my head toward the sounds of her voice. Bump is standing in front of a white door, holding a white packet in her hand. I have never felt more relieved in my life. Inhaling a sigh of relief, I kick my legs off the bed and stand up. A wave of dizziness hits me and I sit back down. "Don't stand, Harry!" Bump scolds, coming over to me. I grab hold of her hands and pull her on top of me, landing on my back. A jolt of pain shoots through it, and I wince.
"Harry, I don't think you have-"
"Yeah, yeah, I know." I say, rolling my eyes. "But I don't care." Without wasting another second, I envelope Bumper's lips with mine. Those minutes in that burning building made me think about Bumper and the things I'd miss doing with her, if something had happened to her. Thank God, she's safe and sound. Our kiss is filled with passion and a yearning that's never been there before. "I can never stop thanking God for keeping you alive and returning you to me." I murmur against Bumper's lips, turning us around, so that I'm on top. I place my hands on either side of Bumper's head and lift my body above hers.
"Me too," Bump whispers. "While we were being pushed and shoved toward the exits, my only thoughts were of you." I push a stray curl off her face with my thumb.
"How'd you get out? You weren't there when I exited," I say.
"I got out, but then when I realized that you weren't, I went back in to search for you. Thank God for that because, Harry, you were lying unconscious on the floor." Bump slaps my arm gently, playfully. "Don't ever jump back into a burning building for me." I chuckle, turning us onto our sides.
"Let's hope there's not a next time." Smiling, I engulf her lips with mine again.
*********
"Are you attending the dinner tonight?" Liam asks me, as I take a seat on the couch in front of him.
"What dinner..." I trail off, realizing the dinner party that we've been invited to tonight by Rita Ora. "Oh, yeah." I nod my head.
"Oh, no!" Bump says, coming over to where we're both seated. "Harry, you need rest. Lots of it." She takes a seat on the armrest of the couch and I wrap an arm around her waist.
"Babe, you need not worry about thou." Bump giggles.
"Harry, you suck at Shakespeare, so stop trying!" Liam joins into Bump's laughs, and I just sit there, smiling and staring at Bumper. Suddenly, a flaring pain shoots through my skull and it takes every ounce of strength that I have in my body to stop myself from crying out in pain. Heck, I don't even wince. The truth of the matter is that if Bump thinks that I'm unfit to attend tonight's dinner; she won't let me go. Me, being the pussy that I am, will agree to her decision in the end, even though we'll have a bunch of arguments before hand. That's just how we are, and I'm fine with it. Of all the women in the world to hand my life's decisions over to, I accept Bump as the handler. Mum being an exception.
"Ah, the best couple in the whole fucking world." Louis says, entering the suite. I roll my eyes and glare at my best friend, who might not be able to hold that title for long.
"Ah, it's the guy who cannot shut up when he has to." I say, smirking. Louis shakes his head at me.
"How're you feeling?"
"Good." My tone is clipped. I want Louis to realize that by ruining his chances at a friendship with Bumper, he's ruining our friendship.
"I'm sure. After all, your maid is taking care of you." Liam chucks a pillow at Louis' stomach. Bulls-eye!
"Louis, don't start this again." Liam warns him. Frowning, Louis kicks the pillow and marches off toward his room. "I'm going to meet a friend, so I better get ready." Liam gets up and saunters over to his own room.
"Bump, can we please go to tonight's dinner?" I plead, joining the palms of my hands. "I really want to meet Rita and so many other friends will be there. I want to introduce them to you." Bumper stares at me, lips pursed. Yeah, she's not going to agree.
"Harry, you need rest. Please, let's just leave it at that." Bumper says, getting off the couch. Sighing, I throw my head back and watch her stroll toward the kitchen.
"Now, we both know neither of us will give in. So, let's make a compromise instead. We'll go, but only for an hour. That's it. Nothing more and nothing less," I offer. Bump stops midway and turns around, eyebrows knit together. She's on the verge of agreeing. I've seen this expression before; it's the 'I'm thinking, don't disturb me,' look.
"An hour," Bump concedes. I throw my hands in the air.
"Hallelujah! An hour," I announce. Laughing, Bumper shakes her head at me and turns on her heels.
"You're a kid, Haz!" Bumper calls out from the kitchen.
"And you love me for it!" I yell, getting up. A wave of dizziness hits me and I fall back on the couch. I need to ask Bump what medicines I need to take because this pain is getting unbearable. God, today will be spent in a highly uncomfortable manner.