Ch.14: Bad Weather In A Sunny Place

Percy's Pov

So, I had the chance to go to Hawaii. I have to admit, I'm a little excited for this quest. Even though it's a quest and it will probably be dangerous I still cant help but feel excited. I mean who wouldn't be excited, it's Hawaii for crying out loud.

Now we all were gathered at the amphitheater, Chiron explaining about what was to happen next. when Chiron was done everyone was silent, then Chiron added "the three on the quest will each be aloud one companion. even thought it is bad luck, they will need all the help they can get." I sighed, six people on one quest. Now all we needed to do was decide whose quest this will be. Annabeth, Will, and I all gathered in a corner to go decide whose quest this is.

In the corner our conversation went a little like this; Me "I think this should be will trip." then Will said "what no." then he added "it should be Annabeths." Annabeth just shook her head and said "it should be Percy's. After all he did help come up with the idea of this quest." Will nodded along with Annabeth and I hissed under my breath "don't encourage her." Annabeth rolled her eyes and Will laughed.

All the sudden Annabeth got this smirk on her face. I didn't know what she was up to, but I can tell you this I was not going to like it. She made her way to Chiron leaving me and Will standing there puzzled. Once Annabeth made it to Chiron she whispered in his ear and Chiron nodded. Then Chiron stood up straight (since he was leaning down to hear what Annabeth had to say) and said "this quest goes to-" right then the Stoll's said "drum roll please." Travis started playing the drums with a stick and his seat. Chiron flicked his tail in irritation, the exact emotion probably everyone was feeling. Chiron then proceeded to finish his sentence "as I was say before the interruption," Chiron glared at the Stoll's who shrank in their seats, "this quest belongs to, Percy." my face paled. I bet if you put me next to Nico I would be paler then him.

Everyone started to cheer. I didn't want this quest, I didn't want to be responsible for six people. Everyone knows how impulsive I am, I'll just get everyone killed or hurt. I didn't want this, I didn't ask for this. My big question, why do I always get stuck with it. All this ran through my head as everyone gathered around me congratulating me. Lets just say Annabeth was dead and she wasn't going to hear the end of this.

Once everyone left us to ponder who we were going to take I stormed up to Annabeth and said "why'd you do it?" she went to talk but I wasn't done yet "you knew I didn't want this quest, so why'd you do it?" she huffed and said "if you would let me explain." Will stood there awkwardly. Annabeth took a big breath then said "I know you didn't want this quest, no one did." I muttered "thanks for leaving it to me." next to us Will chuckled. Annabeth continued acting like nothing happened "you're the best person to take up this quest. you knew were the golden fleece was." I put my hand up to stop her and said "whoa whoa whoa, I didn't know were the fleece was. Grover found it, The Gray Sisters told me the coordinates, you said it was in the Sea of Monsters." I lied out my hands like I was giving someone a hug. She pointed her finger at me and said "give your self credit. you're the one who found out that the numbers The Gray Sisters gave you were coordinates." I couldn't argue with her, she had a point, and she knew that I had nothing to fire back.

I was defeated so I held up my hands in surrender and said "fine." I held up my hands in a not done gesture, "but this is note going down like how the golden fleece quest went down." Annabeth nodded her head and gave me a kiss. Will cleared his throat and looked at us bemused. I sighed and went to get Chiron, we needed to tell him who we chose for our last three quest members.

As I walked to the big house I could see a big storm brewing in the distance. I let it slip thinking it would pass. I walked up to the Big House porch and found Chiron playing pinnacle with Dionysus and Aphrodite doing her makeup. I stood by the table they were at and said to Chiron "we're ready." Chiron nodded set down his cards and claimed the game to him, Dionysus grumbling about always loosing.

Me and Chiron walked down back to the amphitheater. Once we got there Chiron called a meeting with everyone at camp. Once everyone was seated Chiron announced "they have decided who will come on the quest with them." everyone nodded, some people looked excited others looked grim. I pushed Annabeth from her shoulders. She made me lead this quest then she was going to follow me. She walked up to were Chiron stood and said "I choose to bring Grover." Chiron looked at Grover and asked "do you except this quest?" Grover nodded eagerly and ran up to were I stood. That was my choice in who I was going to bring, guess now I'm just going to have to wing it. I walked up to were Annabeth had stood just moments ago. I looked over the crowed of people and my eyes landed on one person, I instantly new who I was going too choose. I took a breath and said "I want Thalia on this quest." Chiron raised his eyebrows at Thalia and Thalia said "I except." she walked up as I walked back to my spot. Next Will went up, he looked over everyone and said "I want Travis to come ." Travis nodded and ran up to the amphitheater.

Once we were done figuring that out we all went out to go pack our bags. We wanted to leave as soon as possible. I was stuffing some batteries in my back pack when Thalia nocked on the door, I walked over to it and opened the door. I walked back over to my back pack slung it over my shoulder and asked "time to go." she nodded her head, a grim look on her face.

We walked up to Thalias tree, I touched it, then I pated the Dragon that guarded the tree and the fleece. He snorted as a result. Campers gathered around to see us off. As we were about to head off to the camp vans it started to rain. The only other time it rained at camp was when I was going to get my first quest. some people might think of this as a bad omen, I just thought of this as a sign, warning us, war was going to come soon.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so guys hope you like this :) their starting the quest now. how exciting is this? and bad weather, Do you think it's a bad omen or a sign of war? longer chapters, do you like them? comment below. oh and I will just be doing Percy's point of view, some times I will do Annabeths. lets see 2,725 reads, 92 votes, and 56 comments. your the best guys

question: same as last chapter.

vote, comment, read

love ya demigods

love, theoneyouseek33