Love Boat

(Been reading writing prompts on the internet then this one popped up =p Hope you enjoy!)

You booked a cruise online, trying to recover from your recent heartbreak. The outcome of your little vacation was not what you were expecting...

You roamed around the ship after dropping off your luggage in your room. Everywhere you went, couples filled the whole ship's deck, sharing sweet kisses and hugs. You groaned internally, wanting to kill yourself for booking this cruise to get your mind off your break up. Your ears perked up, overhearing a loud argument happening.

"I can't believe you booked us up on a love cruise."

"It was late at night and the three of you wouldn't stop disturbing me."

"Eh! You could have at least double checked it."

"We just wanted a vacation Ignis. Might as well enjoy it."

You turned to your left, seeing four males walking side by side. The most intimidating looking man out of the bunch had a scar running down his left eye, showing off his toned chest. The other wore glasses and a formal suit. The third one had unruly, blonde hair, an arm wrapped around the dark haired male. The shortest of the group had black hair and a pair of crystalline blue eyes. They continued to walk away from your view, turning a corner. You continued to stare off towards the ocean with a frown graced on your lips.

"Not a fan of cruises, are you?" You jerked away from the balcony, staring at the smirking raven head. His hypnotic, blue eyes seemed to enchant you the slightest bit, leaving you speechless for a few seconds.

"Cat got your tongue?" He questioned snarkily. You shook your head, fluttering your eyelids from the trance.

"No, I just wanted to get my mind off of things, but apparently I chose the wrong type of cruise." You answered, the ocean breeze drifting through your locks of hair, making you seem much more attractive towards the young prince.

"Same with me. My friends and I wanted to go on a normal cruise, but we ended up coming here." He replied back, fiddling with his left glove.

"At least you have some people with you, I'm completely alone..." You trailed off, closing your eyes as you enjoyed the ocean breeze. He leaned forwards slightly, gazing softly at your downcasted expression.

"Hey, if you want, you can join me and my friend for drinks later." He offered, drumming his fingers nervously against the wooden bar, silently questioning himself of his new found confidence.

"I accept that offer, Mr...?" You answered, asking for the cute boy's name.

"Noctis, but just call me Noct." He answered, taking your hand into his. His lips lightly brushed over your knuckles, making your face flush.

"I'll see you later then." He waved goodbye, leaving you in a dumbfounded state.

Time Skip
You wore a black knee-high dress and sneakers as you headed off towards the nearby fruit bar. You saw Noctis gesturing with a hand for you to join them. You jumped into the vacant seat next to him, noticing the familiar blonde sitting adjacent to him. He flashes you a boyish smile, setting your heart on overdrive. You cleared your throat, waving shyly at his friend.

"Noct! Who's the cutie?" The blonde haired boy asked bashfully, continuing to beam brightly in your direction. The raven punched his dazed friend lightly on his head, making him complain.

"So what would you like to drink today lovers?" The bartender asked as he cleaned cup with a white cloth.

"I'll have a strawberry smoothie." Noctis answered, gesturing one with his pointer finger.

"Banana for me please!" The other answered excitedly, spinning around the circular swivel chair.

"I'll have (insert favorite smoothie flavor)" You say with a smile.

While the bartender was busy preparing your drinks, the bright haired boy decided to strike up a conversation with you.

"So what's your name?" He asked, tilting his head cutely to the side.

"f/n, yours?"

"Name's Prompto! But you can nickname me whatever you want." He replied, pointing to himself with his thumb.

"Do you have boyfriend?" Prompto asked bluntly, earning a whack in his arm by his comrade.

"No, I just recently broke up with him." You answered, rubbing your forearm with a pained expression.

"Oh..." Prompto trailed off, rubbing the nape of his neck in an awkward manner. He definitely hit the bulls-eye question for the whole reason why you were on this silly cruise.

"Whoever dumped you is an idiot. You seem to be cute in my opinion." Noctis mumbled the last part of his sentence, a red streak brushed over his pale cheeks.

"Here you are. Enjoy!" The vendor announced, sliding your cups over. The three of you slurped up the fruity drinks I mere minutes, Prompto grimacing his freckled face in pain.

"Urgh, brain freeze." He muttered out, applying pressure against his forehead with his palms.

"I told you not to drink it so fast." Noctis remarked, shoving his hands casually into his trouser's pockets.

"But you and f-n were already finishing up yours. I can't just leave you with a cute girl like her!" He replied, instantly realizing the slip up he made as he finished his sentence. You stared at him in shock with your mouth agape before concealing it with a sheepish smile.

"Ah sorry! I didn't mean to say that!" Prompto says panicky, waving his hands furiously in front of him, his face turning a deep shade of red.

"It's fine Prom. Besides, you guys are pretty cute too." You mumbled, feeling two pairs of blue eyes on your figure, making your cheeks flush in embarrassment.

"Confident today aren't we?" Noctis says, trying to conceal the faint pink on his cheeks.

"Shut up! As if you guys could do any better!" You challenged.

"Bring it on." Noctis replied, a glint of determination shimmering in his eyes.

"Count me in too!" Prompto jumped in, wrapping his arms around you and Noctis' shoulders.

For the rest of the day, the three of you constantly complimented each other. To the other passengers on board, it seemed like a competition between the two young men as if they were battling for your attention and love.

Time Skip
The moon shined brightly against the sparkling water, illuminating the deck in its eerie glow. You gazed at the glittering stars scattered across the sky, a sigh of content slipping past your lips. You felt your seat shift downward from someone's weight, making you sit up. Noctis' hands trembled over the bouquet of roses he held in front of you, staying hidden from behind the batches of roses feeling his cheeks flare in warmth. You gladly accepted the gift, giving him a peck on the cheek. A light tap on the top of your head signaled you to look up, allowing Prompto to sneak a quick kiss on your forehead. He held a small box of chocolates, his electric blue eyes seeming to shine brighter underneath the night sky.

"Thanks Prompto..." You mumbled, curling your knees to your chest as you flickered your eyes towards the sky, admiring it with your new crushes on either side of you.

Author's Notes
I put blush so many times in this. Don't be shy to request because I've now been resorting to writing prompts on the internet to fill my black void of empty ideas in writing. I hope you guys enjoyed my one-shot!