Chapter 1

(A.N HEY MY AUTHORS NOTES ARE GOING TO BE IN CAPITALS BECAUSE IM WRITING ON THE IPAD SORRY)

Chapter one
REWRITTEN

I'm Zoe, I'm 13 years old, I live in a small town in New Zealand and I don't have a normal life, to say the least.

I woke to the sound of that brat screaming my name, my foster sister (Hannah) "I'm up" I say in a hoarse tone . She decides to flick my light on and off, she knows it annoys me, so I scream.
"IM UP".As she runs of giggling, I grown then roll over. Reluctantly getting up, stretching my long legs and walk to the bathroom with my uniform.

Half way through washing my hair I hear the same squeal again, Hannah. I can't really make out what she's saying but it was most likely along the lines of "YOUR GONNA BE LATE".
"Crap" I whisper to myself,so I quickly rinse my hair while washing my face, while hoping out I didn't realise that the bath mat was completely wet so it slid across with my foot on it landing on my butt with a huge thump.
"Ffffffuuuc" stoping myself half way through what I was about to say knowing she was right outside the door. Standing up slowly I realise that today wasn't going to be a good day but as long as HE was at school my day couldn't be that bad.

Water running down my tan back from my snow white hair while I get dressed making my white school shirt go see through, but I didn't care I just needed to get ready faster.
"Done" quickly grabbing my things that I needed along the way.
Lastly going to my room grabbing my shoes and phone, I had to run to school with all that in my arms.

Once I finally reached my class I put all my stuff into my bag, brushed and pulled my hair back. As I pull out my book from my desk I catch the teachers gaze and she motions for me to come to her. "You're late" she snarls, "your hair ties aren't the right colour, so is your headband and your skirt is to high", I hated having school uniform. I pulled my skirt down before dropping into my chair again .

The morning ticked on but there went the morning break bell, I walked out slowly looking for him, with the wind blowing in my hair when I felt warm hands wrap around me, I took me a second to work out who it was, realising no one else would randomly hug me from behind apart from my boyfriend. Turning around to face him I whispered into his ear, "I missed you". After hugging for an awkwardly long time I pulled away and decided to find my friends.

"You may pack up your things and get your lunch" the teacher said in her usual tired voice. My lunch was left over diner, pasta interleaved with strips of courgette. I just pushed it around with my fork as Im the fussiest eater ever and didn't want any of it. I pulled a small orange container from my pocket and slowly undid the lid, I place one small pill into my hand. I drowned it down with water and went over to my bag.

I hear my name called out, I look up from my bag were I fiddled with a small box. The one girl in my class who had a tiny bit of respect for me motioned to the teacher. I shoved the box back into my bag and run to the teacher, she hands over a booklet with my name on it and send me to the office.

From the front office desk I get sent into the principles office. I take a seat on the hard old chair and look down at the booklet. Before I can't think about it the principle enters.
"Now Zoe, I've been told that you recently went back to the adoption centre because your foster parents contract has run out and they are debating whether to keep you or not" *LONG PAUSE* "Don't worry we got in contact with your dad and he is coming to see you", my eyes widened and my mouth dropped at the thought of seeing my dad again, when all the thoughts came back to me I still remembered the day like it was yesterday.

*flash back*
My grandmothers primrose hands wrapped around me holding me tight, covering my ears from the words that were being said. Although she took me into another room I still could hear exactly what happened. They had been having little fights now and then but this time it was extravagant, throwing furniture, threatening to harm one another, the whole lot. Then he left with cuts and bruises slamming the door behind him. My mother had put all his stuff into a bag and threw it onto the path with both of them being so young (both 18) this was my grandmothers house and my dad went back to his mothers house. But my grandmother decided that she didn't want my mother to run into my dad every again so we moved, countries.
All the way from USA to New Zealand, much to far for my parents to every see each other again. After a while of living here my mother got depressed also into drugs and alcohol. At the age of 6 my grandparents had already pasted away from normal old age stuff but then the inevitable happened, my mother was found dead outside one of the local pubs.
The cops had come to do a house search to try and find some evidence; when they found me. Covered into sores, cuts, with matted hair, starved.
I was taken to hospital first were I got washed, clean clothes, big helpings of food,most importantly love and affection from the nurses. Once all cured I was put into foster care which lasted until today. . .
*back to the present*
(A.N THE FIRST CHAPTER HAS FINALLY BEEN REWRITTEN, I KNIW ITS STILL NOT AMAZING BUT WHEN I GET UP TO WRITING BRAND NEW CHAPTERS I PROMISE THEY WILL BE BETTER)