26

The tears came streaming down Yoongi's face as he finished. I could clearly see the pain in his eyes, hear the familiar sound of his heart shattering as he sobbed in front of me. He's a total wreck, he looks miserable. I could tell from the bags under his eyes that he haven't been sleeping much these days.

I feel empty. I don't know what to say. Everything seems to have vanished as I watched the weeping man in front of me. "—say something, kook." he pleaded with his eyes. I tried to open my mouth, but nothing came. Suddenly, I was speechless.

It started with a frown, a small whimper before all was let loose. The next thing I know, I was already a crying mess, sobbing and weeping. My heart ached, Yoongi's words finally sinking in. The agony of his words stabbed me in the chest. How could I be so cruel?

"I'm such an awful bestfriend." I sobbed.

"No no no, You didn't know—"

"Exactly!" I cried even harder, ignoring the wierd stares from everybody. Yoongi abruptly stood up and gave me a comforting pat in the back. "— I was having the time of my life, not knowing how much pain I've caused Taehyung."

It took me a good pursuading to finally hear the truth from Yoongi. He didn't wanna tell me at first, warning me about how I really didn't wanna know. But my curiosity is killing me. I needed to know why Jimin held back so long. I need to know the truth. In the end, Yoongi gave up and finally decided to meet with me in a small café, afraid that if Jimin finds out, he'll be a dead meat by morning.

My heart feels so suffocated. How stupid could I be to not realise the deep feelings my bestfriend have for me— The huge difference of his smiles towards me and the sweetness of his words when it comes to me. I'm such an idiot.

"It's not your fault, kook-ah." Yoongi whispered, soothing small circles on my back. "Don't make it seem like falling for Jimin is a sin." he sighed.

"I- I didn't mean it like that, hyung." I defended. "I'm sorry hyung. For hurting your precious taetae."

I know for a fact that it was Yoongi who's suffering the most. He may not be on taehyung's position but I know how much he's hurting. I could see the passion in his eyes whenever he stares at my bestfriend, and for him to hear taehyung crying another man's name is just plain hell. I know how hard it is for him to talk to me about these things, how hard it is to tell me that the boy he loves is in love with me and have begged his brother to stay away from me at all cost.

"I'm sorry, hyung." I could only apologize, not really knowing what to do or what to say. I feel sick with myself, disgusted even. I'm so cruel, selfish and stupid. I was thinking only of myself, not knowing nor realising the painful effect of my actions to others. By loving Jimin, I didn't just hurt taehyung himself, but yoongi as well.

And the least thing I wanted was to hurt an innocent soul.

All I wanted was to love and be loved, I never asked for any of these. I never asked to let others be in vain while I live in paradise. All I wanted was to be happy. Why is life so cruel?

"Maybe you should talk to me him, kook." Yoongi suggested, his voice breaking.

"What about you, hyung?" I gentle pushed him away to look him straight in the eyes.

He smiled, but it didn't reach his eyes. "I'll be fine. I promise." but it was in the way his tears streamed down his face, the sorrow painted in his eyes, the tremble of his lips and the forced curve in the corners of his mouth, that tells me he was lying. He didn't want me anywhere near Taehyung at all.

His eyes was what gave everything away. If I was stupid enough, I would've been fooled by his words. But the gentleness and the sincerity of his words was a complete opposite of his eyes. Yoongi, he's lying. The tears, the fake smiles and the unspoken words in the depths of his tongue— no, he's not fine at all.

"Just talk to him." He gave my shoulder a little squeeze. "He needs you right now more than he needs me. I don't care how much it'll gonna hurt, just talk to him, jungkook-ah." he said, pleading with his eyes.

And so with a sigh, I nodded.

"Just be gentle with him, he's fragile." he added.