Chp.5

Aph
I feel bad. I promised him this wasn't a bet and I wouldn't lie to him. Wait this isn't a bet it's just to make someone jealous. But I'm lying to him. Big time. Let's just get through this.
Time skip to work.

  Once I got to work I saw a woman walk up to me. She had a name tag saying"Karen". "Hi sweetie. You the new gal"She asked. I nodded. She pointed to the restroom. "Go change in there and meet me over there. K auger"she smiled. I nodded. I grabbed my bag and changed. Once I was done I walked to the spot she told me to meet her at.

"Ok so I need you to go serve food. "She paused. "But if you really need to take an order. ". I nodded.

"Ok. I got it. "I said. She handed me a paper book and pen. And I grabbed the food and served it. "Is that all you need"I asked the old man. "Nothing but thank you. How old are you"he asked. "I'm seventeen "I told him.

"I have a grandchild who's seventeen. But she lives in New York"he looked down. "Well. She is very lucky to have a grandfather. "I smiled. "You don't have one"he asked. I shook my head. "He died before I was born. Same for my grandma "I said. "You work here everyday "he asked. "I am. "I smiled. "Great. Names Robin"he put his hand out. "Aphmau or Jess"I shakes his hand. "What a lovely name. I'll call you Jess"he smiled. I nodded. "May I call you Rob"I asked. "My wife called me that. "He smiled.

After talking to him I walked back to the counter. "You talked to Robin for a while"Aaron said. "Heh. He's a good man"I smiled. "Yea. Comes here everyday hoping his grandkids will show up. They never do"he looked down. I nodded. "So are you free Saturday "I asked. "Why. Are you gonna kill me"he asked. "No. I'm asking if you are free"I said. "Yea. Now why"he asked. I rolled my eyes. "A date"I asked. He shook his head. "Why"I wondered. "Can't trust you"he walked off to serve someone. I followed. "Why"I asked. "I just don't know you. Besides don't I have to ask you on a date"he smiled. "Hmm. No. I can ask to"I said. He laughed. "Listen I know your a nice girl in all. But I can't trust anyone. Anyone. Last girlfriend didn't go to well"he looked at me. "Who said anything about girlfriend. It's one date. Or more"I laughed. "Hmm. No"he said. We walked to the kitchen. "Come on"I asked. He shook his head. Then left. I shook my head.

Two weeks later

I walked to the cafe after school. I have a test in my hands and I don't know what it says. I walk in. "Hello sweetie"Karen yelled. "Hey Karen. I had my test today"I said. "The one you were so nervous on where you get three orders wrong"she asked walking to me. I nodded. "You better have gotten an A. "She said. I got the paper and looked at her. She smiled. I opened it. It said a D. "What"I said. "Jess"Karen said. "I studied so hard"I looked down. "You know Aaron is really good about history "she smiled. "And I know you asked him out"she laughed. I shook me head. I have forgotten about the thing that I was supposed to do. "Ask"she pointed to the kitchen. I nodded.

I walked to the kitchen. He was there on his phone. "Hey"I said. "Hey. How you do on the test"he asked. I showed him the paper. "Ouch"he said. I nodded. "I came in here to ask you if you could tutor me. "

He looked at me. "Fine. But it's NOT A DATE "he stood up. I nodded. He walked off.

After that I had to take orders. "Hello Robin"I said. He smiled. "Hello Jess. I'll have the same"he said. I nodded. "Extra orange juice or milk"I asked. "Milk and coffee "he laughed. I nodded. "How you been"I asked. "Good. Doctors say I'll live two more years"he laughed. "That's good. "I smiled. "And you"he asked. "Im perfect "I said. He nodded. "May I ask you something "he said. I nodded. "I have this grandfather and granddaughter dance. My grandkid is working so. Would you like to go"he asked. "Robin is that a date"I laughed. He laughed. "No. I just want to go this year. "He said. I nodded. "Sure. When"I asked. "This Friday. At 5:00"he said. "Perfect. I will meet you there"I said.

I walked to the kitchen and placed his order. "I see Robin likes you. "Aaron whispered in my ear. I looked at him walking away.