Take a hint.

Skylar's P.O.V.

I woke up and looked around. It wasn't a dream... I frowned and got up. I walked into my kitchen and grabbed a granola bar, I broke it in half and ate one side then set the other side down on the counter. I walked into my bathroom and hopped in the shower, one I was out I wrapped my towel around my body and brushed my hair and teeth. I walked into my bedroom and picked out an outfit from the new clothes Riker insisted on buying me. I slid on my panties then slipped on my faded skinny jeans, I grabbed my white bra and my white tank top. I put them on then slid on my converse, I walked into the bathroom again and blow dried my hair then curled it. I applied some makeup, a little foundation and lined my eyes. I walked out and made my bed then went into the living room, I pulled the curtains up and let the sun fill the room. I slightly smiled and grabbed my keys, As I was about to walk out of my flat my phone went off. I almost forgot that. I ran down to my room and grabbed it then answered.

"hello." I said happily hoping it would be Riker.

"hey babe..." Ross sighed.

"oh... um hi." I mumbled sitting on the end of my bed. I guess he can still call me that since we didn't officially brake up.

"what are you doing today?" he asked.

"I was going to find a job why?" 

"well I was hoping to come over."

"oh... um why don't we just meet at Josy's Coffee Shop?" I quickly said not wanting him to know where I lived.

"alright. what time?"

"um six tonight." I said.

"okay see you then. and Skylar..." he paused.

"yes?"

"I love you!" I bit my lip.

"I love you too!" I said and hung up. tonight I knew I had to brake up with him... it was going to kill me... but I had too. I quickly tucked my phone in my back pocket and walked out of my flat, I locked the door then walked to the elevator. I hit the lobby button and stood in back, I sighed still thinking of Ross. Gosh Damit I love him so much! Why does it always have to be so difficult? The doors opened and I made my way to my car and got in. I started it and drove over to the park, I got out and began walking to the spot. When I reached it I slowly walked out of the trees and over to the pond. I looked around the spot for a while then got down on my knees, I put my hands together and looked up at the sky.

"Dad... I need you to help me find this box. You wanted me to find it I remember but how am I supposed to. I searched every where but still nothing. Please Daddy! I really miss you, it's only been a couple of days and I've been trying. Ross' parents are making is split up, so today when I meet up with him I'm gonna have to break up with him. It's gonna hurt so much! Why does my life have to be so complicated, why can't I just have a normal life? Daddy...' I paused and looked around the spot. 'I love you!" I stood up and walked over to the tree, I sat down on the log and ran my hand over our names. My vision went dark and I couldn't see anything, all of a sudden I could see a tiny light. It was coming closer and closer, I reached out for it and found myself standing in the middle of this white light.

"the flower will bloom in winter's time. School will be going at this time, leave school and come. Come to me and I promise I will be here. You may not see me but I will be here. You may not hear me, but I will be here. You may feel my presents around you, or you may not. But I promise I will me here! The flower will be at full bloom when the clock strikes twelve, that's when you are to look. The flower will give it to you, you will know. I will be here.

My eyes opened and I looked around. I was back at the spot... What the hell just happened. I looked up into the sky seeing it night, and the stars all out. The moon shined bright in the sky above, I sat up and took out my phone. seven!! I quickly jumped up and ran back to my car, I drove fast over to the coffie shop hoping Ross would still be there. I pulled in seeing his car parked there, I quickly got out and ran inside. Ross stood in front of a table pacing back and forth.

"hey Sorry I'm late..." I stood in back of him, He turned around and hugged me.

"I was worried." he mumbled into my hair. It was nice hugging him, I felt perfect.

"sorry..."

"no, no as long as you're okay. want a coffee?" he asked me, I nodded. He walked up to the counter and bought me one.

"thanks." I said as he handed it to me.

"sit." he told me, I did along with him. I took a sip of my coffee and set it on the table.

"how are you?" he asked me as he took my hands in his.

"good." I sighed. "you?"

"better." I nodded. "so how come you didn't answer your phone earlier?" he asked me.

"oh uh I- I was busy sorry." 

"oh okay it's fine." he nodded and pulled his hands away from mine. "come on, lets go outside." I nodded and followed him outside. Alright Skylar you gotta do this... be strong. We got outside and stood by his car.

"Listen Ross-'

"Skylar I-I'm breaking up with you..." he told me, my heart drop. I knew we were going to brake up but hearing that come from his mouth was like having a knife stab you repeatedly in the chest. I dropped my coffee and looked down to see it splatter every where. Ross looked at the coffee and back to me, he seemed fine saying it. It's like it didn't even hurt him a bit...  "Skylar?" Ross looked at me and said my name repeatedly.

"I-uh I..." I stuttered as tears made there way down my face.

"listen it's obvious it's not working out between us and I finally see that now. I'm sorry I let it go on so long. We don't belong together and... well I just don't have those feelings for you anymore. Honestly I never really did, I just felt bad for you." his words tore me down. he didn't hurt saying those things, he looked perfectly fine... I looked at him in disbelief. "okay so I'm just gonna go." he smiled at me and got into his car. "bye!" he said as he drove away. I couldn't believe what he just said to me. He never really loved me... he never really wanted to be with me... he only felt bad... Tears now poured down my face, the wind blew blowing my hair back and making a chill run up my spine. I ran to my car and got in, I quickly started it and drove home. I ran into the stair well not wanting to take the elevator from being afraid other people would be in there. I dashed up the stairs falling a couple of times but finally made it up to my door. I unlocked it and got inside, I slammed it shut and locked it. I slid down the back of it and cried.

"how could he." I sobbed. I quickly got up off the ground and shut all of the curtains, then ran into my room and locked that door as well. I took out my phone and threw it across the room, I ripped off the braclete Ross once gave me and threw that too. I wiped my tears away and walked out to my balcony, I leaned on the railing and looked out at the ocean. "He never loved me daddy, he only felt bad for me. I hate my life!! Why can't I just be up there with you." I cried and cried and cried. I sat on the ground and looked down at the rocks. "you never loved me..." I said before everything went black.