"It's okay". Samantha started apologizing. “Although I have to admit it was kind of cute, watching you struggle against me. By the way, in the future, If you’re actually being kidnapped you might want to consider lashing out a bit more forcefully.” She shrugged. “Just a small suggestion.”

I gave her a lopsided smile. “I had a feeling it would be unnecessary. And besides, if I had struggled a little more fiercely, you might have gotten hurt.”

Now it was her turn to smile wistfully. “Oh please Zack, you could never hurt someone like me.”

I looked at her sharply then. What did she mean someone like her? I wanted to voice the question out loud but never got the chance.

“I managed to sneak away and thought I’d come and see how you were doing. I went into your room first, but you weren’t there. So I started looking in the other rooms. I heard footsteps coming from the stairs and I quickly entered this one. Once I saw it was you, I pulled you aside and here we are,” Samantha continued, severing the connection to my thoughts.

“Do you usually go snooping around other people’s rooms without their permission?” I asked, only half joking. I was remembering the last time Samantha had appeared inside of my room. She had been sneaking around back then too. She appeared to be a little too good at this.

“Only if there’s someone, I’m willing to take the risk of getting caught, for,” she replied matter of factly.

My heart did a somersault. I'm not sure if Samantha even realized, what her words indicated. She loved me, and she wasn’t afraid of others finding out—even though she constantly kept telling me otherwise. The thought shot a bullet laced with fear, into my heart, shattering it into a thousand pieces. What we had wasn’t real. It could never be real.

We would always have to hide it. Bathing in the glory of darkness as we embraced eachother’s hearts amongst the shadows!

I looked around and saw that the room we were in, was in fact the guest bedroom. It seemed almost fitting somehow, considering how our love was just like a guest that would one day have to leave, no matter how enchanting or unique of character. I sat down on the bed and looked at Samantha. She was beautiful, as extraordinary a girl I could ever dream of.

But I knew that it was too good to be true!

“Samantha, we can’t keep doing this,” I started. “I love you bu—”

Samantha placed a finger on my lips.

“please be quiet Zack. I know what you’re going to say. I thought you trusted me.”

My breath hitched. “I still do. But it’s more then just th—” I tried to continue, but Samantha interrupted me, yet again.

“Then what’s the problem? If you really love me this should be easy. You’re right to be worried, and it’s also true that this might end badly, but that’s just it Zack, it might, but you don’t know for sure, no one does. Let’s take it one day at a time to clear our minds of the doubts we may be experiencing. What we have is fragile, and that’s exactly why we should enjoy every moment to the fullest.”