3

"So open your eyes and see, the way our horizons meet. And all of the lights will lead, into the night with me."

               - All Of The Stars, Ed Sheeran

I stand outside the recruitment center and wait for Steve. I fiddled around with my new ring and playfully twisted it around my finger. Did I really just get engaged?

Of course I could never picture myself with anyone but Bucky, but I never really pictured my future before. Even before we started dating, he was the one person I could always depend on. Bucky was my best friend.

Could I actually have a family? With Bucky? I'm not even sure what that is. It's just been Steve and I our whole lives. I wonder if my children would have abilities like me?

I've always been able to read minds. I've never met anyone else like me and trust me, I looked. Steve and Bucky were the only people I trusted with my secret. I half expected Bucky to think I was a freak, but he didn't even care. Didn't even faze him. I guess that was part of the reason I fell for him.

After a while I finally spotted Steve slowly making his way over to me. And now I get to spend the rest of my night trying to make him feel better after being rejected again.

"You ready to go home?" I ask him.

"Yeah." He smiled. Wait, why is he so happy?

"What has you in a good mood?" I question him.

He hands me a slip of paper. I skim most of it and read the bottom. 1A. 1A! How is this even possible!

"How did you get accepted!" I freak.

"It's complicated, but I got once chance." He smiles.

I wanna tell him that he's gonna get himself killed, but that will only make him ignore me. If I really wanna protect him I'm gonna have to go along with this. I guess that means I'm gonna get that job I wanted.

"I'm so happy for you." I fake a smile. "I also have some news." I say proudly.

"Yeah, how's it feel to be engaged?" He asks smugly.

"What! How can you possibly know?" I thought I was the mind reader.

"Buck, he uh, asked me for permission." He looks so proud to be that person.

"Hmm." Always the gentleman, Bucky. "I actually do have news you don't know."

"Try me."

"Guess who got a job offer from Agent Peggy Carter and is going to be training you?" I ask.

"Why didn't you tell me this before?" He questions. Oh, yeah... that.

"I kinda wasn't gonna take it..."

"Because of me?"

"I wasn't gonna leave you here alone!" I defend myself. "It doesn't matter anymore. All that matters is that you get the chance you wanted, and I will be right by your side the entire time."

He doesn't seem to catch on that I'm only going to look after him. Which is good for now. He has a better chance of accidentally shooting himself than anyone else.

"Fine. But this conversation isn't over." He warns me.

It never is, I think to him.

"And, you know I hate it when you do that." He rolls his eyes.

I know... but you love me anyway.

He just shakes his head and rolls his eyes. "Jerk."

Bitch. I think back.

"Language." He scolds me.

"Oh, shove it." I lightly push his shoulder.

AN: lol, just a short update. These chapters will get longer as it goes, I promise.

QOTD - Did you get the Supernatural reference???