⎡v; 62⎦

I sat up, causing my bed to creak, wiping my tears and holding the Hufflepuff scarf close. I couldn't sleep. The Wizarding World is becoming corrupt. I don't know if I can handle this. Not without Cedric. I ran my fingers through my hair and shut my eyes tight stopping more tears from falling. I took a heavy breath and blinked a few times before standing up, as I looked around the room I was in.

No, it wasn't my bedroom. It was one of the rooms in Number 12, Grimmauld Place. This place was probably the most filthy place I've ever been in, not to mention the darkest. As you walked down the steps, dust flew everywhere from the stairs that were centuries old. There were little windows and there was only black. Black walls, black ornaments, black floors. Black. Just black.

Spider webs were everywhere, in every corner, in every room, behind any piece of furniture. There were old and dirty paintings with odd people on the inside. Once in awhile, you came upon a rat, gnawing on something disgusting and old. The darn house emerged from a wall for Merlin's sake!

I hated being there. It wasn't where I wanted to be. I wanted to be home with my idiotic brother and amazing father. But Dad was relocated here on terms of the Order of the Phoenix.

What the heck is the Order of the Phoenix? Why did I only learn about this now? I asked myself.

Well, the Order of the Phoenix was a secret society Dumbledore founded to oppose You-Know-Who and his Death Eaters and apparently my Dad has been a member along with other parents of children in Hogwarts.

Then of course, there's Kreacher, the house elf that served the House Of Black. He's quite old and isn't nice to anyone who isn't in Slytherin. He's okay to James, Dad and I but he could be much nicer to everyone else. Including Sirius. I was told that since the death of Sirius' mother, Kreacher let the house fall into disarray, doing little, if any, cleaning. He's always muttering under his breath and scrounging around for things.

It was late, and a few hours ago there was a search party that went out to bring Harry here after a dementor attack. Moody, Tonks, Kingsley, and some others were sent to fetch him. He should be here soon. Poor Harry was attacked by a dementor and had to go to a hearing at the Ministry for using the Patronus spell in front of his muggle cousin. That was unfair. He was protecting himself!

I slowly left the bedroom towards the room where I could hear voices in. Not where the meeting was being held because last time I went near the room, I was redirected back upstairs by Moody. I opened the door to see Hermione and Ron talking in the middle of the room.

"Hazel! Is Harry here yet?" Hermione asked. I shook my head and closed the door.

"Not yet Mione. Soon, though. I'm sur-"

I was cut off by the door opening. There stood Harry Potter, a little taller and stronger, with shorter hair. Hermione ran up to him and threw her arms around him.

"Harry!" she exclaimed. "Are you alright?" she asked when they pulled away.

 "Are you alright?" she asked when they pulled away