Chapter Twelve

"I can't do tutoring today." I told Arthur as he sits in front of me. It was lunch now and Arthur just came.

"Okay. Why?" He asked as he takes out his lunch.

"I have work" He tosses me some almonds.

"You have a job" he said surprised. I open up the almonds and took one out.

"Yup, how else would I get money?" Arthur is starting to always bring me food for lunch. I looked a the almond and moved it around my fingers before I threw it in my mouth.

"Where do you work?" He asked as he starts eating a sandwich. I ate another almond

"At a restaurant" I couldn't really tell him that I worked at a bar seeing as I'm under age. I took out another almond holding it with my thumb and index finger.

"Does your parents work" I then crushed the almond. I looked at him and he was looking at me chewing on a bite from the sandwich, then his faced turned shocked. But I didn't answer him. I didn't want to tell him that my parents were dead. I didn't want his sympathy, what happened to my parents, it changed me. No one saw me after my parents died because that same night the monsters took me. No one said I'm sorry to me, no one knew I was gone. No one I know now knows that my parents were died.

"Oh my gosh, I forgot you're-" he starts.

"I don't want to talk about it." I finally said. 

"Wait. So you actually had parents?" he asks. But I didn't say anything because the memory was playing in my head right now.

"Good night sweetie. We love you" my parents tell me.

"I love you too" I walked upstairs into my bedroom. It was late and we were just done with dinner. I got into y Pj's and went in bed.

CRASH!

I jumped straight up. I looked at my bedroom door. There were more crashes and I got out my bed and down stairs to were the noises were coming from. It was in the middle of the night. I see two men in all black and my parents in front of them. My dad had a knife in his hand and my mom was behind him. My dad looked at me.

"RUN! Run Iris" he yelled  but I protested, I wasn't going to leave them alone with these mysterious people. But I should of ran. I should of listened to my father. Because in that second one of those people ran in abnormal speed and bit my father on his neck draining the color out of him.

I screamed when he fell on the floor lifeless. Then my mother was next.

"Run Iris!" Was the last words she said when she fell on the floor just like my father. I screamed and ran. I ran like how my father told me before he died. I ran because my mom told me, while taking her last breath. I ran through the back into the woods behind my house. Tears streaming down my cheeks, then something went into my leg making me scream and fall down but I got back up and ran.

I'm running as fast as I can trying to get away from those....those....MONSTERS!! My legs are burning aching to stop. It seemed like I was running for hours when they were mere minutes. They shot me in one leg and the bullet must  have been poisoned because I feel weaker by the second. I look behind me seeing them catch up, so I push my self harder holding back a scream from my injured leg. Next thing I knew I'm on the floor. I tripped over a dead log. I try to get up but it was no use the monsters were right in front of me I saw a hand come to my face but it becomes blurry and darker as I pass out.

I was clenching my hands into fists really hard during the memory and after. I was so angry. I just needed to punch something. I got up from leaning on the tree and walked into the forest to get away from the school. I stopped in front a large and tall tree seeing this will do.

"What are you d-" I then punched the tree, making Arthur stop talking. The tree split in two as my fist went through it. I screamed in anger and punched another tree. And another and another till Arthur stopped me.

"Iris Iris IRIS! Stop. Stop Iris." He said as he steps in front of me grabbing my arms. I try to get out but he was to strong. I looked at him with my golden eyes, his eyes looked worried. I started to calm down. My breathing went back to normal and my eyes shifted back to normal.

"I'm sorry" I whispered as I set my head on his shoulder. He was warm as I was ice cold. He then started rubbing my back with his hand as his other comes around my waist.

"It's okay. Your okay." He said as I wrap my arms around him hugging him. I looked to the side and saw four trees split in to. I let out a laugh.

"Why are you laughing?" He asked and I just shrugged. He chuckled, put my head in the crook of his neck and he shivered in delight as I breathed onto his neck. I saw what I did to him and I smiled. I then started kissing up his neck and his hand gripped my waist as I kiss a sensitive spot knowing that is where he will be marked.

"Stop" He breathed out as I start kissing the sensitive part.

"Why?" I asked

"Be-because I don't want you" He said and I stopped. I looked up at him and he wouldn't look at me. I stepped out his arms already missing them and looked at him in disbelief. But he didn't look at me. He looked like he cared about me earlier but now he wants to say he doesn't want me. He's the one that hugged me first, the one trying to calm me down.  I shook my head and walked away waiting for him to call my name but he never did.