Chapter 28

Hey everyone! Thanks so much to all of you who left me those SUPER sweet comments in all the previous chapters. You guys are truly the ones that urge me to write on, so THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I appreciate and cherish all those votes and especially the comments you guys leave for me more than you can fathom O.O So once again thank you for all your support and I love you all my lovelies. Hope you enjoy...

Chapter 28

Before I could take another breath, my mate had lunged forward. Hugh barely had time to move an inch before my mate had punched him right in the middle of his face. I heard a sickeningly loud crunch sound as my mate easily broke Hugh’s nose with that one strike. My wolf howled with approval at the strength our mate had just exhibited.

He recovered quickly; running towards my mate at a speed so great it had me and my wolf switching from pride to sheer panic. Logan spun out of the way and kicked his opponent with so much force in the back that he flew forwards before smacking, hard, into the thick trunk of a tree. My mate stalked over to him with no hint of mercy in his already charcoal eyes.

Hugh tried to get up; stumbling a little as he did, but managing to do it nonetheless. He kept him palms outstretched in front of his body as Logan stalked towards him. He grabbed Hugh around the neck and lifted him as if the large, blonde shifter wasn't any heavier than a feather.

He began to squirm in Logan's grip; my wolf growling as my mate's opponent managed to kick him in the chest, which effectively got rid of his grip on the other shifter. The impact had sent Logan back about a foot; who recovered quickly and began another advance on his opponent. My mate threw a punch at his head; Hugh managing to dodge out of the way, even in his current condition.

Logan’s fist collided with the tree; spraying bits of bark all over Hugh and himself as his hit crushed one side of the trunk. He didn’t seem affected by it as he spun around and kicked his opponent in the stomach; sending the poor, blonde shifter into the air. Hugh’s body landed a few feet away; dropping at such a high velocity that the impact formed a shallow crater around his prone frame.

He groaned and tried to push himself up with his arms. My mate walked over to Hugh; stopping right in front of him as he looked down at his bruised face with eyes vacant of any kind of emotion. His opponent seemed to nod; as if to say that it was alright for my mate to end the match.

Logan didn’t even flinch before he leaned down and swiftly put Hugh out of his misery with a hard, merciless punch to the head.  I heard a thud before Hugh stopped moving; finally losing consciousness. The members of the Blood Moon Pack around me cheered loudly as some of them went over to congratulate their Alpha on his obviously easy win.

The excitement they felt at that moment was contagious as Jen and I also started cheering; my heart swelling with pride at the fact that the man that had just won the fight in less than ten minutes in front of me was my mate. When I finally snapped out of my daze, I realised that I had been pushed to the back of the crowd in the midst of all the chaos.

I didn’t mind as I walked over to a fallen log at the edge of the meadow; deciding that I would try to find my mate when everything had calmed down. I sat down and relaxed as I watched everythingaround me. Shifters were beginning to return to the circle as the next match began between two shifters I didn’t know. I was compelled to watch but not to try and squeeze through the crowd so I decided to climb a tree instead.

I lengthened my claws and began to climb the largest tree I could find, managing to get onto a sturdy branch that provided a decent view of the commotion below. I began to get comfortable as I watched the lithe moves of the two shifter in the ring; appreciating the way all the shifters moved with such grace despite their muscular frames.