{3} The lighthouse

It's been three days since Tobias took me back to the orphanage. He left me with strict instructions to take the pain medication every four hours and rest as this would give my injuries the best chance of recovering.

I haven't had much trouble from the other kids at the orphanage yet, apart from the odd push and shove, but that's mainly because I stay locked in my room as much as possible. Miss Claudia had pretended to be concerned and came to check on my every once in a while but I knew it was her job she was worried about, she doesn't really care about my well-being.

I'm currently sat on my desk chair, using some of the crap paints I saved up to buy. I don't really know what I'm painting yet but I just let the paintbrush do it's magic and forget about everything.

I stomach rumbles loudly and I cringe knowing that soon I would have to go down stairs and get food. I don't like going to the proper meals as I just get picked on and spat on, so I tend to just snack throughout the day. I know it's bad for me but it's better than being 'teased' every five seconds which usually ends up with beatings.

Abandoning my painting on my easel I brace myself before unlocking the door, making sure I lock the door behind me, knowing that if the other kids got hold of my work they'd rip it to shreds like a pack of hounds.

Walking down the staircase, I hear laughter and cheers. Poking my head around I realise they are all playing on the wii- Mario kart. I should be able to sneak past without them noticing me.

"You okay there, Tris?" Miss Claudia asks when I enter the kitchen. "How are you holding up?"

"I'm fine." I lie as I grab some strawberry yogurt from the fridge.

"Are you ribs healing up okay? Is there anything I can get you?" She says, fussing over me with concern. "I know you took quite the fall out that boat."

Yep, you guessed it. Peter, Lauren and the others said I 'fell'. And Miss Claudia being the gullible human she is- believed them.

"I'm fine, just hungry." I mutter, holding my yogurt up to gesture her to leave me to it.

"I'll get out your way then." She says, giving me an awkward side hug before going towards the yelling and cheers from the other kids.

As I'm scrapping the remnants of yogurt from the bottom of the pot, our doorbell rings through the house. The excited cheers stop becoming confused murmuring and the music stops, signalling they paused the game.

"I'll get it!" Laurens voice screeches. I roll my eyes, dropping the pot and spoon on the side, as I walk towards the entrance of the house, following loosely behind everyone.

"Oo, it's you." Lauren's voice says, smiling seductively. "Couldn't you get enough of me?"

"Actually, I came for someone else." A voice I thought I'd never hear again speaks. They door opens fully and his face comes into view as Miss Claudia pushes her way to the front.

He looks slightly nervous, his hands clasped behind his back and he smiles tightly at Miss Claudia. His eyes, as always are the dreamy blue that I could get lost in for days.

"You're that lifeguard aren't you?" Miss Claudia asks him, tilting her head to the side.

"Yeah, I'm actually here for..." His drifts off when his oceon eyes meet mine. Relief fills his features but I don't understand why. "Tris." He mumble, a faint smiles appearing.

Everyone creates a sort of path so I can get to him. On the way I get all sorts of looks- disgust, disbelief, annoyed, some were even jealous. I shrink back, wrapping my hands around my body as I get to the entrance.