Shut up

You know it's been too long since your last update when you can't remember your own story...

Now

When Castiel was done showering and finally could return to his cell on the night of the game, he was exhausted. Balthazar was already in his bed, and Castiel only gave him a quick nod before climbing up the steps to his own bed, eager to get to sleep. Still, he was really content with the night.

The game had been loads of fun, and he'd had a great time despite the fact that Alistair had spent the entire match trying to kill him. That guy had some serious anger management issues. Castiel wondered you Dean bothered to put up with him. It couldn't possibly be the most giving friendship of the year. And Dean wasn't a guy who lacked possible friends.

Castiel was practically already halfway into dreamland by the time his head touched the pillow. He had a feeling that if he wasn't woken by anyone, he could've slept for days. But he was as a matter of fact in prison, and that wasn't exactly a likely event. Balthazar, for instance, seemed annoyingly eager to prove this to him.

Castiel had always been a quite light sleeper. When he was at sleepovers with friends back as a kid, he would constantly wake up just from sounds like the others turning in their beds as they slept, or – God forbid – when some bastard snoring. The moment Castiel could hear one of his friends starting to snore, was when he knew he wouldn't get much sleep that night. He would lay awake, envying those sound sleepers.

He had furthermore never understood people who needed two – or even more – alarms to wake up in the morning. Castiel himself was already wide awake from the second the noise sounded. This was the reason why the sudden sound of his bunkmate's voice tore him efficiently away from his peaceful sleep, even despite his exhaustion.

"Okay, that fly finally has to die!"

Castiel opened his eyes slowly, confused about what was happening. As he was still halfway asleep, he wasn't totally sure whether this was something that was happening, or part of a dream, due to the statement's lack of context.

Trying to focus on what was happening around him, Castiel tried to blink the sleep out of his eyes. There was only a dim light in the cell, coming from the hallway. Therefore, there was not much difference between how much Castiel could see with his eyes opened and closed.

"What?" Castiel managed to groan, his voice hoarse from sleep. He didn't even try to hide the annoyance he was feeling, wanting nothing more at the moment than to go back to sleep.

"I can't stand it anymore", Balthazar declared, not exactly managing to make Castiel any less confused. "It has kept me awake for ages."

"What has?" Castiel wondered if it was dark enough that Balthazar wouldn't see him coming if he would have to suffocate him with a pillow.

"That!"

For the first few seconds, Castiel still couldn't hear anything, and was seriously considering putting his pillow-plan into action. Then, a small buzzing sound started, before it came closer and closer, amplifying.

Oh. That fly. Castiel must have been in a deep slumber, since he hadn't been woken up by it himself.

"Okay, that's enough", Balthazar declared. Castiel could hear him sit up in his bed beneath his. "You a pacifist?"

Castiel took a few seconds to answer, being taken aback by the question. "No", he finally got out.

"Great." As Balthazar climbed out of his bed, Castiel turned around in his own, facing against the wall. He wanted to go to sleep so badly. Though he could hear his friend getting something sounding like a magazine and starting to stalk the fly around the cell, and he knew that wouldn't happen anytime soon. Jeez.