I

Valerie's P.O.V
28/12/2016, 6:30 AM; London.

I woke up to the rain hitting my window with such force. There was a strom outside. I don't care, I'm doing it anyway. I said to myslef. I was planning on going to live with my father, Tony Stark. He never told anyone about me. He Kept me hidden here in London. He would send me money every weekend and come for visits every 2-3 weeks. He loved me. I know that. I know he was hiding me so I won't get harmed. "The people I love the most always tend to be my enemies' targets Val." He would say. I know that he's Iron Man. I know he's an Avenger. I know how dangerous it is, but I want my dad. I want him with me. I want to have a normal life. I deserve one.

I got out of bed, washed my face and headed to the kitchen to get my hungry ass some food. I love cooking. Just not early in the morning. So I just decided to grab some strawberry pop tarts.

Once I finished eating, I opened my laptop and started looking for a ticket to New York, were my dad lived. I have to tell him first though... I thought. What if he doesn't want me? What if he has alot of work? I put those thoughts aside and call him anyway to just tell him. Not ask him permission. I'm his daughter. It's my right to have him with me. To have a normal life. To not be hidden and kept were I don't want to be kept.

I diall his number. No answer. I call him again, and wait...

"Valerie? Hey honey, How are you?" He asked. "I'm fine dad. But there's something I need to say. And just for you to know, this isn't me asking permission this is me telling you."
"Is everything ok-" I cut him off "I'm coming to New York." I said. "WHAT!? NO! ABSOLUTELY NOT!" He yelled. "Dad I'm pretty sure I said I was just telling you, and not asking permission. I'm not staying here. I'm going to New York. I want to live there, with you. I don't want to stay here alone!" I said. "No! It's dangerous. No one can know who you are and what you have to do with me! I'm not risking that! Do you understand!" He yelled again. "Too late. I'm coming in 2 days. Already packed." I said and closed the line. He called me agian. 2, 3,4 and 10 times but I didn't answer.

I am doing this.

I look at my laptop and make sure the ticket is purchased. I get up and start packing. Yes I lied to him just to make myself clear.

****************
At the Avenger's tower.

"SHIT! DON'T IGNORE ME! ANSWER THE FUCKING PHONE!" Tony yelled, still trying to reach Valerie. Then there was a knock on the door. "Uh Tony? Everything okay? What's happening?" Steve said entering the living room. "NO! Everything is not okay! I told her to stay in London, but she wants to come here! She wants to risk her life! I can't lose her too, Steve! I lost Pepper! I lost my parents! I lost friends! BUT GOD NO PLEASE NOT HER!" Tony yelled fighting back tears. No one knew how much he cares about Valerie. "Who are we talking about exaxlty...?" Steve asked. "What? Oh god... n-no one, no one." Tony said realising what he said a second ago. "What do you mean  'no one' c'mon man. Tell me. Who are we talking about. I'm your friend Tony. We're family. You need to trust me." Steve said, sadness clear in his voice. "I-I can't." Tony said. "Please Tony. Maybe I can help."
"You can't help me protect my own daughter." Tony said barley a whisper but Steve surely heard him. "Your what!? WHEN? HOW?" Steve said shocked. Tony ran over to him. "Shut your mouth Rogers! I don't want anyone else knowing about her! I have to protect her! Can't risk my enemies knowing about the only thing left for me...." he said, tears running down his face. "It's okay. Tell me about her. I won't tell anyone, I promise." Steve said putting a hand on his friend's shoulder. They headed to the couch and sat there in silence. "I was 27. Her mom was 25." Tony said out of the blue. "I loved her mom. I loved her so, so much. Her name was Ella. Ella Jefferson. She was my Dad's bestfriend's daughter. After my parents died she would come visit me everyday. Until we confessed our love for each other...when Ella was 25 she gave birth to Valerie, and I was there with her the whole time. Valerie was beautiful, she looked like her mom."

"When Valerie was 5 we moved to London and stayed there for a while, until I had to come back here and run the company. When Valerie was 8, I was here and ofcourse I would visit them from time to time, but Ella had an accident. She was driving and something, no one knows what, pushed her into a tree and the car crashed with her in it." Tony said still crying. "At the time Valerie was home with one of Ella's friends. They called them and told them. Valerie then grew up without a mom. She wanted to stay strong for both of us. She graduated high school and now is in college, god I'm so proud of her" he said, then frowned and paused for a while. "Uh, so?" Steve said. "She called today. She said she wants to come live here, with me, in the tower. Do you realize how risky is that?!" He shouted crying again. "How old is she?" Steve asked. "20".
"I say let her be. She's old enough. And as you said a minute ago, about how she stayed strong after her mother's death and how she graduated and lived her life normally, proves how strong of a person she is. And yes I don't know her mom, but I'm pretty sure that being strong and fighting is something she got from you. And now I want you to get up. Trust yourself and your daughter. Prepare a room for her. And tell the rest of the team, just the team for now." Steve said looking at Tony with an assuring look as if to tell him that everything will be ok. "I don't know. I-I". "Listen to the Cap Tony." said Natasha entering the room. "What the fuck!? How long were you here!?" Tony exclaimed. "Since you started shouting like crazy about how you lost all your loved ones. And Tony. Every single word this man said is to happen. Bring her. And I promise you to help protect her. I promise you I'll try and get close to her. I could even be her new bestie, I don't know" she shrugged. Steve let out a chuckle, so did Tony. "Is that what you guys think?" "Yes" both replied. "You need her. If she makes you happy bring her in. When was the last time we saw this man happy Steve?" Nat asked. " When Pep was here..." Steve said. "Exactly. If she means to you as much as Pepper does-" "More." Tony cut her off. " okay more the Pepper does, bring her in. I'll go prepare a meeting."

And with that Natasha and Steve went to prepare the meeting. Tony still had his thoughts, but Steve was kinda right. He has to trust her.

************
A/N Enlish is not my mother language!!