Chapter 33: Getting Ready

___________________________

Hey people :) I am in such a good mood! I finished all my exams! YAY!! I hope you guys finished them too :)

Madi Wadi

___________________________

As the black sleek Lincoln Limousine turned the corner to the Grand Palace, Kiara could feel her jaw drop along with all the creepy feelings she had towards Thorn. The palace was massive. From far away she could still all the details that had been craved into it. It was like one of those fantasy palaces that only showed up in books or movies. It was completely beautiful.

As the limousine came closer, it passed through a little city which was un noticeable by the giant building. When the car had finally finished weaving through all the stores and houses, it stopped at the giant gates.

As they came closer, Kiara was able to see every description and design in the gate and the pillars besides it.

The gate had a sort of story, there was a proud lion on a rock located in the centre of the gate and around it a sun shone around it. It reminded Kiara of pride, courage and bravery, she couldn't help as she remembered Leo being like that. But the gate was magical. The gate was around twelve feet high and ten feet wide with its bronze gates which reflected the suns glare.

As Kiara was in awe at the gate, she could feel her jaw drop even further - if that was possible - at the sight of the Grand Palace. It had a sort of old European look to it. On the top of the highest part of the palace, Kiara was able to make out four lions on each corner. Each position the same as the one on the gate. Brave. As her eyes flowed to the rest of the palace, cravings and different textures stood out.

Before Kiara knew her and Thorn stood in front of the grand entrance if the palace. Kiara almost forgot all about Thorn if he hadn't interrupted her astonishment.

"You admire this palace like you've never been outside before." He said with a low chuckle.

"Rarely." Kiara added as she stepped past him to get a better look at the entrance. "What does this gate mean?" she added.

With a low chuckle Thorn answered, "Well this gage means that a Lion is nothing and can't be a King without their pack."

"Why do you still have it here, I mean your not a lion." Kiara asked curiously.

"I guess it's a token of victory." He said trying not to keep the conversation going.

The doors had many different designs that matched the bronze doors. With a giant lion head as a door bell, Kiara smiled at the old building.

As her thoughts started to wander, they seemed to rest upon Thorn.

This man has so many personalities and mood swings ... She thought still staring at Thorn.

"Anyway," Thorn started breaking the silence as they stepped through the doors. " I want you to be properly dressed and clean, so I will have my servants get to work on you. I want no show from you tonight. Just act as if you are happy. Do you understand?" Thorn asked, but Kiara knew she had no other choice but to say "Yes."

As they entered the palace, Kiara just stood there. It was amazing. It had one of those grand staircases, two on each side. The railings had a vine design weaving through the poles. It was beautiful.

With the lobby's marble floors and pillars, one thing of pure gold stood out right in the middle. A giant golden lion statue took all the attention with its heroic sort of stance roaring.

When Kiara walked up to it she couldn't help but want to touch the smooth rock under her fingers.

"Why do you keep it here?" she asked Thorn, knowing he would follow her.