21)Because Of...Trusting a Friend

Luka's P.O.V

"Gaukpo! I'll be back, I'm going to the grocery store!" I yell at my best friend.
"Okay! Just don't buy too much tuna..." He says as I roll my eyes at him.

I walk down the neighborhood and see Neru sitting at her porch, texting like always.
Back then, Neru wasn't into much social and cell phones. She was a lovely girl that would always respond not with an emoji.

"Hey Neru!" I called out, trying to be cheerful. Last time I found out what Neru did to Miku and Len's relationship, I got so steaming mad that I wanted to smash her head.
I controlled myself and take deep breaths.
"Hi Luka." She says still tapping away with her phone. I sigh and try to think of a way to get her off the phone.
Len would probably be the answer but, LenKu is my couple^^.
"Hey, want to go to the store with me?" I ask as I try to stay calm and not smash her phone in biz zillion pieces.
"Uh,Sure?" She replies while getting up and walking towards me. Not putting her phone away.

We head into town and I bought a few groceries and items for the festival that's tomorrow. Neru keeps on texting and beeping and Whatever.
I grabbed some tuna and then headed out to the check out when I caught Neru looking at something. She stiffened up a bit and kept on walking. All I could do was just stand there and blink.

-Timeskip-

"So Neru..." I tried to start a conversation but it was pointless. "What?" She responded with bitterness.

"Nothing, I was just curious." I respond back. That's when Neru stopped in her tracks and did't make any sudden movements. "Something wrong?" I ask.

"Luka...what is love?" she asks, while her head is down and she doesn't hold her phone."Well, love is something that you have to care about and make sure it's pure, and there are no games or force between love, if not, it's  untrue love." I replied. I looked up to see tears rolling down Neru's cheek.

"No wonder Len didn't love me back, I forced him to love me..." she stutters out the words. I put an arm around Neru's shoulder. She looked up and I smiled. She smiled back tears still rolling down her cheeks and mouthing "Thank You.''

No matter what or who it is, just trust someone, you may never know what waits for you.