Chapter 4

*11 months later

"Bunny, please don't do this." For some reason, tears won't come out of her eyes even though she was completely wrecked inside. No one knows how broken she is, no one saw it coming. Everything was perfectly fine. They were perfect. They were..

But now, everything that they have built together came crashing down in front of her eyes. Years of friendship and love wasted. The only thing that's been keeping her sane for the last ten minutes was his hand.

He's leaving her. She isn't brave enough to let go. She's afraid that once she let go of his hand, she won't be able to live with herself. She's afraid of what she might do to herself.

"I'm sorry Eunha." He forcefully removed her hand that was digging through his skin. The pain on his hand is nothing compared to the pain that he's feeling right now. They still both love each other deeply, but he doesn't have any choice other than to end a relationship that has nowhere to go. It will only be harder for both of them if they hold on to each other.

"Please.." She keeps on begging him until his figure disappeared among the crowd.

She was gasping for air the moment she opened her eyes. Why did I dream about that day again? She looked at the calendar and was relieved that today is Saturday. She feels exhausted even though she just woke up.

She glanced at herself and realized she must have fallen asleep last night without cleaning herself because she was still wearing her school uniform. She smack her forehead when the events yesterday played in her mind.

Everyone in school must have thought that she was fine, that she already moved on. But after reading that poem in front of everybody, she felt even more broken than she was a year ago.

"Let's see. Who's turn is it to read in front?" Ms. Choi asked the class. Her close friend, Jung Yerin, who happens to be seated next to her because of the alphabetical arrangement in the seat, pointed at her.

"Ah. Yes. It's Ms. Jung's turn to read." Ms. Choi gestured her to go in front and read the poem.

" I always wondered why

a sunflower always faces the

Sun during day time and

feels so withdrawn when

Sun is away during night.

Ever since I fell in love

with you Sweetheart,

I understand fully why

Sunflower acts like that.

Sunflower is in love with

bright and beautiful Sun.

With you I bloom like the Sunflower,

without you I just wither away;

you are the Sun of my life,

Without you my life exists but

It's lifeless with no life in life.