[Prologue]

"Need some help?"

At the sound of the male voice, Brooklyn glanced up from where she'd been struggling to heave her suitcase into the compartment above her, out of breath and her cheeks flushed.

There were four unfamiliar teenage boys standing in the doorway. One of them had dark hair and fierce grey eyes, he was extremely handsome. He had a haughty expression, like he was better than everyone else and he knew it. The second boy was pudgy, and he had light blonde hair, watery blue eyes and a quivery expression, like he was afraid he might say or do something wrong. The third boy had light sandy hair and honey golden eyes. Scars ran down his face, and they looked painful. Really painful. Brooklyn realised she was staring and quickly glanced away, not wanting to seem rude. Her gaze fell on the tallest boy, the one whom had spoken.

He was lounging lazily against the wall, his hand reaching up every few seconds to mess up his already dishevelled black hair. He had a lean, athletic body, hazel eyes, black framed glasses and a cocky smirk. His expression seemed to say that he was god's gift to teenage girls everywhere and he knew it. He was kinda cute. In an arrogant, confident way. Smiling nervously, she nodded.

"Yes, please. Thank you so much."

She watched as the boy unfolded his arms and reached forward, hauling her suitcase up with careless ease. His eyes were still trained on Brooklyn, the corners of his mouth turned up slightly in a smirk. He hadn't taken his gaze off her since he'd walked in.

"Thanks again." She glanced down shyly, brushing back her dark hair."Anytime, love." He shrugged, causing her to blush. "Mind if we sit here?" He gestured around the empty compartment. "Everywhere else is full."

"Um, not at all. Go ahead." She took a seat beside the window and they sat down too. The boy with the glasses sat down opposite her, still smirking."I'm James Potter, by the way. That's Sirius Black, Remus Lupin and Peter Pettigrew."

"I'm Brooklyn Jones."

"You're new here right? I think I would have remembered you," James stated, cocking his head, and she nodded. "I'm a second-year."

"Really? Us too!" His grin widened considerably. "Hope you'll get into Gryffindor then. I'm looking forward to getting to know you better, Jones."

Brooklyn's cheeks dimpled. "We'll see, Potter. We'll see."