Hormonal

"Hey, can you hear me over there, Tic Tac?" Sam whispered, leaning in as close as he could to the cell wall. "You okay?"

"Yeah, I can hear you," came the quiet reply as Scott stood on his cot, seeing a small open grate at the top of the wall. "Come up here, it's better."

Sam climbed up as instructed and pushed up on his toes, trying to reach so that he could see his teammate, but the wall was just too high. He looked around for anything else that he could use as a lift, but everything was bolted down. He pushed his hands against the cold steel that covered the wall, leaning against it for stability as he spoke. "Have you talked to Barton?"

"No, hold on."

Scott jumped down and hurried to the other side of the room, pushing up so that his voice would carry. "Hey, arrow guy, you awake?"

"As if I could sleep on this piece of crap. I swear this isn't a mattress," Clint groaned, rolling over and off of the cot, crossing the room to join the conversation. "Either of you guys know where they put Wanda? I'm really worried about her."

"I think I heard something a couple of hours ago," Scott replied, "but nothing since then. Wherever she is, I'm sure she's under a pretty heavy guard, right?"

"They collared her," Sam added with a huff, making Scott scurry back across the room to listen. "I saw her right before they tossed me in here. God, she looked scared. I can only imagine what Steve will do when he finds out-"

"We're underwater, Sam. How do you expect him to break us out of this?"

Scott jumped down again to hurry back to Clint's side of the room, but Sam answered too readily, only to have to run back again.

"I don't know, Clint," Sam answered, "but if I know Steve like I think I do, there's no way in hell that he'll leave us here."

"If anyone can get us out, it's gotta be Captain America, right?"

"Shit, Scott," Clint laughed aloud, "you really are a fanboy, aren't ya? I knew that convincing you to come along was too easy."

"Oh, okay," he snickered, returning to his cot, "I'd like to see you say 'no' to him. Have you felt the muscles on that guy? He could tear me in half, and you know what? I'd let him and say 'thank you' when he was done."

~~~

Steve had taken control of the flight, allowing you time alone with Tony, or at least as alone as you could be inside a cramped jet; two super soldiers and one Iron Man suit really took up more space than you might have thought when you just wanted a few minutes of privacy.

"So..." Tony began cautiously, "you haven't been feeling so good?"

"Wanda helped a bit, so the nausea is okay right now, but with her gone I don't know how long it'll last."

The tension between you was palpable and you had never felt so uncomfortable, much less when being next to Tony. Yes, you had a life filled with tension with him, but this was new; this ran deeper and more painfully than any argument you had ever fought. His hand raised from his lap and hovered over yours as it rested, but he didn't connect. It was trembling just barely enough to notice, but the energy emanating from him now was too much; you took his hand and enveloped it in both of yours, feeling him immediately relax.

"I'm sorry, kiddo. I never meant for it to go this far."

"I know. We didn't either."

"You sure about that?"

With a low groan, you dropped his hand and sat back against the chair, shaking you head at what you were hearing. "You've got to be kidding me. What the hell is that supposed to mean? Do you think that Steve wanted to see us all at each other's throats? Do you think that anyone in this family wanted to see it torn apart?"