Chapter 21

Kells' P.O.V

It's about a 2 hour drive back home, 2 and a half hours if you count the ride all the way to the hospital. I'm about to have a kid. What the hell is life? What money do I even have? Who the f.uck am I?

"You're a dad.", I hear suddenly.

"Was I speaking out loud?", I ask Kat.

"Nope, you just had that scary a.ss look on your face that says 'I'm a f.ucking failure."

"Gee thanks babe. " , I tell her.

"Oh come on, you know that's not what I mean. All I'm saying is that you are downing yourself, and you shouldn't be. You're a great guy, an a.sshole at times, but for the most part, a great guy."

"That means a lot.", I say, pulling into a store/gas station. "What do you want 'cause I know you don't wanna get out."

"Get me a Mountain Dew, a cookie ice cream sandwich and a 4 pack Reese's peanut butter cup.". I hear her yell.

" Jesus, anything else?", I ask....rhetorically.

"Actually yes, make that twice the four packs of Reese's.", she says with a smile.

"I love you." I say under my breath while walking away.

"I love you too!!!"

Angelica's P.O.V

"This baby is not ready to come out at the moment. Your contractions have somehow gone from being 7 minutes apart to 13 minutes apart. I have never seen this happen, but I am thinking that this is probably not a good sign. So, I need you to do something for me. Do not push, whatever you do, do not push, in fact just stay still.", my heart stops.

"Doctor Blake, are you telling me that I may not be able to have my baby?" I ask, hopeful.

"I'm not sure, let's just hope for the best.", she says and walks away.

To Colson

*rinnnnng* *rinnnnng*

Kells' P.O.V

"It's Angelica...can I answer?", I ask Kat.

"Considering the fact that I'll kick your a.ss if you don't, yes.", she says with a smile.

Back to Angelica's P.O.V

To Colson

A- Hello?

C- Hey look we are on our way.

A- Good but- wait we?

C- um yeah we...but what's wrong?

A- My contractions are being weird and the doctor told me not to push or do anything and to stay still. Colson, we could lose the baby.

C- You're kidding me right?

A- No, look just get here please.

C- Okay, okay I'm coming, just get some sleep okay, relax.

End of Call

Kells' P.O.V

"What's wrong?", I heard it but I could barely think. "Colson?"

"She's having problems with the baby and the baby may not make it.", I can hardly make out my words.

"Oh my g.od. Okay, pull over and let me drive."

"I'm fine."

"Colson Baker, pull over and let me drive, like now, that means stop the d.amn car."

"Fine", I pull over to the side of the road and get out of the car so that Kat can drive.

Kat's P.O.V

There's a little less hour left of our trip. It's crazy, this little trip started out horrible, got really good, and ended up right back where it started. I hope the baby is okay, Colson can't take this blow. He's sleeping now, he had to cry to get there, but he is asleep and peaceful.

I truly haven't even thought about how I'm gonna deal with this. My boyfriend is about to have a baby with another girl, am I stupid, like what the actual h.ell is wrong with me. Whatever it is, I could never break up with him. Now if he cheated or did something else beyond stupid, of-freaking-course.

What would the kid even call me? Mom? No. Step Mother? G.od no. Evil Step Mother? That could be arranged. Although I'm not all that Evil. Kat? Kat works. The kid will call me Kat and I will be the ever so cool Step Mom. Yep. That's how that is gonna go.

Oh crap, the hospital is less that 10 minutes away. Sheesh.

"Colson, we're getting close to the hospital. Wake up."

"Babe, what happens if the baby isn't okay?", he asks, sounding as vulnerable as ever.

"Then we push through it."