'Lies can hurt too' chapter 7

"Back so early?" asked Teresa, her lips pulling into a gentle smile. I nibbled on my lip, the taste of blood swirling onto my tongue. I pulled a face in disgust, blood was something I hated, especially since he didn't have any when I found him.  "Yeah, I'm sorry about that," I mumbled, shying my head away from her. I can't believe I was so stupid and innocent to believe fake promises and false lies. She gave me a questioning glance but I shook it off and walked to the bay window. Sighing, I stared out at the scorching sun reflecting its rays over the unsuspecting people.

 "Lia, someone's here for you!"Teresa shouted after what had seemed like hours. I wasn't ready for guests, who would actually want to visit me in my shoes. Walking down the stairs, the view of  blonde locks stared back at me. "Oh..." I gasped, my heart racing and my mind fumbling for an excuse. The frown on Aubrey's face transforming into a smile, waving her hand at me. "Er, excuse me, I see Liana right there, thanks," Aubrey said smugly, pushing past Teresa. I walked backwards, careful not to trip. "What are you doing here?" I asked cautiously, not being able for my eyes to meet hers. She took a deep breath and Teresa mouthed what's wrong, I shook my head and fixed my eyes on Aubrey. "You said we could talk later, now is later," she laughed, her cheeks flushing red as the room went quiet. I shook my head a little violently, motioning her to stop there. "I think you should go." I said firmly, my eyes quickly glancing at her stupid necklace. Teresa held the door open for her, a smirk appearing on her face. "W-what, why?" Aubrey asked, a little hurt. I walked slowly to her so we were on the same level. No one hurts me and lets it be forgotten. Like he said.

"Lia, sweetie, what's wrong?" dad asked, his voice full of concern. Tears streamed down my face and I hugged my knees closer. Sniffles erupted from my nose, my eyes bloodshot from the tears. "It's okay, daddy," I smiled, hiding the sadness. But he didn't miss anything and noticed. He placed his finger under my chin and lifted it up. "Nothing means more than your happiness, princess," he smiled, rubbing away my tears. I loved him, but the question of whether I could tell him still awaited. No, he should know. So, he was. "People say I'm not right, I over think, that everything is mistaken in my life, is that true?" I asked, staring into his honey coloured eyes. "Never, you're beautiful, smart, funny, caring, good hearted and the most amazing daughter I could ever ask for," he smiled, embracing me in a hug. I snuggled deeper in his chest and giggled slightly when he ruffled my hair. "I love you, daddy," I murmured, my eyes slowly drooping.

"I love you too, honey."

My eyes snapped back to Aubrey, an impatient mask covering her face while Teresa held a worrying expression. I stared at her for some moments, before taking a deep breath.

I slapped her across the face, a red handprint stuck on the side of the cheek. "That's for sleeping with Blake," I whispered, a tear rolling down my cheek. I slapped the other face too, more tears escaping. "And that's for ruining my life," I said. She held her hand to her face and ran out, no doubt telling Blake. I walked to the door and slumped down, burying my face in my hands. "Liana," whispered Teresa, pulling me into a hug.

I need you dad. Please.