1.

AN: okay so thank you to everyone who has clicked read! It means a lot and I hope you enjoy this book as much as I enjoy writing it. Please remember this is my first fanfiction, so if there is any common mistakes I apologise. thank you for reading again, please leave feedback and carry on reading! X
grungekellin thank you for the amazing cover x

9:15. My alarm went off. Buzz Buzz Buzz. I groan at the irritating sound and reach blindly over to my bedside table, my hand scattering over the surface until i find my phone, with one click the sound was gone. A small smile appears on my face as once again it was peaceful. Well.. At least it was for a few moments more

"Victor! I swear to god, if you go back to sleep!" A voice shouts out, following that those words was my younger brother Mike, and before I knew it he was at my door. After knocking twice he let him self in and looked at me shaking his head. Slowly I open my eyes and see his tall, slim frame towering over me.

"You really think I could go back to sleep with a voice like yours shouting at me" I reply to him, rubbing my eyes a few times to adjust to the light and everything else in my room. I see him crack a smile before looking half serious again.

"We have band practice in 20 minutes" was the last thing he said before making his way out my room and running back downstairs. "Ugh" I whisper to myself, trying to encourage myself to get out of bed. Once I had finally found the motivation to do so, I walked over to the bathroom, to sort out my hair, face and teeth. It only took five minutes, as I came back into my room I slung a beanie on, which made my bad hair day, seem non existent. I began rummaging through my closet until I found a outfit I was satisfied with, a dark maroon coloured shirt and some black skinny jeans, of course matched with my black vans. After making a few more small adjustments to my hair I took my phone and made my way downstairs. Here I was greeted with Mike and my parents.

"Good morning, Mama, Papa" I smile warmly, hugging them both as they return the gesture. On the table were pancakes and waffles, I sit down besides Mike and begin eating.

"Okay boys, I know you have band practice soon, but when you get in Kellin should be here" My mum said in her soft tone, I look up at her and furrow my eyebrows for a second before remembering the conversation we had a few weeks back about them wanting to foster. I just nod and smile, and Mike does to.

"Come on Vic, we best get going" Mike says putting his plate in the sink, and he heads towards the door after saying goodbye to our parents. Quickly finishing of my pancakes, I place my plate in the sink and head for the door also.

"Have fun boys! Be back for tea" My dad shouts out as we close the door. I walk towards my car and get in, Mike gets in the passenger side and looks at me.

"What do you think about Mum and Dad fostering?" he asks as he scrolls through his phone, I simply shrug not really having much say on it. Our parents were really caring people and have wanted to foster for a so long, they had brought me and Mike up to be kind and caring, and I think they did a great job.

"I think it'll be interesting" I reply, while backing out of the drive and making my way to Tony's. Tony was one of our guitarist's for our band, Pierce the veil. Jaime was the other guitarist, Mike was the drummer and I was the singer/songwriter. We all were passionate about music and about a year ago decided to form our own band, we had just finished our first album but still wanted to keep practicing until we felt it was the best it could be. As soon as we pulled up at Tony's we were greeted at front door by him and Jaime.

Kellin's POV

Currently I was in the back of a car, making my way to the 9th family this year, if I remember correctly they were called, Mr and Mrs Fuentes, and had two sons, Vic and Mike. I sighed as Royal Blood blasted into my eardrums, I tapped my finger on my knee patiently looking out the window. Eventually we pulled up at a house, it was bigger then I expected, there were a lot of plants and flowers in the garden and just looking at the house gave off a warm and comforting vibe. I got out of the car, holding my suitcase in one hand and my phone in my other, I took my earphones out not wanting to come across rude. At first I was terrified of knocking on the door and meeting the new families , but it had became a regular thing over the past 3 years. So here I stood waiting for the front door to open.

"Oh! You must be Kellin" the woman who opened the door said and smiled cheerfully, her husband who was stood beside her was beaming as well.

"Yes, I'm Kellin, it's nice to meet you Mr and Mrs Fuentes" I say trying to sound as happy as possible, holding my hand out for them to shake, however my gesture was ignored and I was pulled into a tight hug by the pair, my face was scrunched up against their shoulders but I didn't really mind, it was nice to feel so welcome for once.

"Please come in, and you don't have to call us that" Mrs Fuentes, laughs softly, moving aside so I could walk in, Mr Fuentes took my suitcase out of my hand and followed us in, closing the door after. The house was so cosy and nothing I had seen before, even though I hadn't been here 5 minutes I already felt at home.

"I'm Mary, and this is my husband Jon" I hear and nod, taking that in, there was a lot of photos and quotes all over the walls. "Come take a seat, and we can talk about somethings" Mary carries on and I look at her the smile still on her face.

About a hour had gone by and we were all sat chatting over a cup of hot chocolate, all I could think was how lucky their son's were to have parents like this. Mary was talking about Vic and Mike, I found out that I had a few things in common with them both such as music taste, and hobbies. She was also talking about the sleeping arrangements. I was on the couch until they went and bought me a bed, I found this incredibly sweet, and thanked them for that. A few other things we were talking about was, their jobs, the school I'd be attending, and that they wanted me to make myself at home. I didn't speak too much about myself, as I didn't like to, my past had been a rough time for me and coming into such a perfect and happy family I would feel embarrassed to talk about how shitty my life had been compared to theirs.

"Mama, Papa" a voice shouted out. I heard the front door close and I knew that Vic and Mike were here, my heart started beating a bit faster, I was nervous, they were both my age which made this even more nerve wracking. A moment later the two boys came into the kitchen both set of eyes landed on me, I smiled and looked at them both. One was alot taller then the other and had a few piercings, they both had long hair dark hair, the shorter one had a nose piercing and gorgeous brown eyes which I noticed straight away, I stopped staring and looked at Mary.

"Boys, this is Kellin, and he will be staying with us until he decides he wants leave" she says placing her hand on mine as a type of reinsurance. I looked up again at the two boys who now seemed to understand what was going on.

"It's great to meet you Kellin! I'm Mike" the taller boy started and smiled welcomingly, his eyes scanning me quickly.
"Cool shirt" he notes and I look down remembering I had a ACDC shirt on, I look up again and smile. "Thanks Mike, it's nice to meet you too" I say softly, a smile still on my face after being complimented on my shirt. I then turn my head and catch, who must be Vic's eye, I was waiting for him to say something. I didn't want him to dislike me, that was always my biggest fear, when it came to meeting new people. "Welcome to our home, I'm Vic" he finally spoke in a soothing voice, I smiled "Thank you" I replied not knowing what else to say.

"How was band practice?" Their mother asked, while getting pizza out of the oven, it smelt amazing! Jon had told me they were in a band, and I found that pretty cool, I wrote music and sang a little myself so I was pleased that I could possibly have someone to talk to about that.

"It was great, I think the albums ready to be heard" Vic says, taking a sit opposite me on the dining table, Mike sat besides me. I just listened not wanting to butt in on the conversation.

"That's great! Me and your father want the first copy of it" she says happily, looking at them both. She seemed so happy and proud of them, once again I felt slightly jealous that I never had this. Well hopefully for the first time I will.