Chapter 31...

Semi-Edited!

PLEASE READ AUTHORS NOTE AT THE END!

Love this cover! So pretty!

Song above is...My Heart I Surrender by I Prevail. It fits Gage and Carter so well! Listen to it!

Look what my best friend drew for me for A Year Agreement! Isn't it amazing!! <3

Happy Reading! :)

Gage's POV

Why did I do that? I yelled at myself as I swung my fist towards the punching bag. Why did I agree that I'd meet Carter's parents? I don't meet peoples parents let alone a girls. Seeing how nervous Carter was asking me at the bowling alley yesterday and with her big blue doe eyes on me, I found myself saying yes.

It was a fun day, something I didn't expect to happen when Carter asked us to come. I was very tempted not to show up but thinking about Carter's face if I didn't show made me rethink that decision. I couldn't bare to see her sad face the next time I saw her if I didn't show up.

But as I stood here thinking about what I had agreed to yesterday a part of me was mad that I even went. If not I wouldn't have to meet Carter's parents. Never in my life have I met a girls parents before. I'm more of a don't get to know the girl that well.

There was something about Carter that just made me say yes and made me do different things than I normally do. Never would I have gone bowling, especially with her brother and 'golden boy'. Now this.

I couldn't deny that Carter has wiggled her way into my life. Ever since the fight in front of the gym and when she got hurt I have felt this undeniable feeling of wanting to protect her. I was still mad that she didn't tell me about getting hurt during the whole thing and I blamed myself. She shouldn't have been there in the first place and I was pissed that the guy went after her. She is a girl for crying out loud, you don't hit a girl. Even though she has reassured me plenty of times this past week that she is fine I still can't help but be upset about it.

Since that day the need to protect her and make sure she is okay has grown. There is something about her that just made you want to stay near her and keep her safe. Her innocence probably doesn't help that.

"Dude why are you punching the bag so hard?" Dylan suddenly appeared and asked. He moved around the bag and held it still while looking at me.

"Nothing." I grunted.

"Doesn't seem like nothing. Is it Carter?" I looked at him surprised that he hit it right on the mark. He gave me a look at my expression. "Dude it is clear that you like her, it is so obvious."

"I don't like her." I said although something inside of me told me otherwise.

"Yes you do. You can't deny it. I mean I never have seen you like this before and I've known you since we were kids. You've never done anything you don't want to do, and you've never been so touchy feely with someone." Dylan said.