The Family Reunion

My name is Kayla Sakamaki

     My name is Kayla Sakamaki. I'm eight years old, as of today. I was so happy, because now I could finally meet my big brothers!  They were vampires, like me, but I was stronger, despite my age. I smiled as I rolled my suitcase up the stairs. I knocked, but found no reply. I was about to knock again when the doors just...opened. I walked inside and looked around. When I saw nobody, I looked a little farther. I noticed a red-headed boy, who I presumed to be Ayato. "Ayato!" i smiled. He sat up. "How do you know my name, little pancake?" he asked. I rolled my eyes. "I'm not a pancake, I'm your sister, Kayla Sakamaki." I smiled. His eyes grew wide. "We don't have a sister." A boy with glasses and dark hair commented. I giggled. "Father didn't tell you, Reiji, because I was supposed to be kept a secret. I pestered father until he let me come live here!" I smiled. He, too, widened his eyes. "How-how did you know my name?" He asked. I just smiled. "Daddy told me all about you." He shivered. "Well, where are the other four? I've been waiting to meet you guys in person for eight whole years!" I grinned as I hugged him tightly. "Well, uhm follow me." He coughed as he pried me off of him. I started to think they didn't like me. I looked at the floor as I followed Reiji into a living room area. "What's this? A little snack, hmm?" I looked up to see a boy with a fedora. I smiled and waved. "Nope! I'm your sister, silly Laito!" His face fell as he appeared next to me. He licked my cheek. "Gross!" I stuck my tongue out in disgust. "Reiji?" He asked. Reiji just shrugged. "Ne-who's this, Teddy?" I looked up to see a purple haired male staring at me. My eyes shone as I hugged him. "Kanato!" I squealed. I noticed his face and let go. "What's all this commotion!?" A boy with silver hair called as he stormed into the room. "Hi there, Subaru!" I giggled. He paused with a confused expression. I looked around. "Where's Shu?" i asked with a frown. Their eyes fell on a sleeping figure with earbuds. I walked up and whispered, "Shu." He sat up and smiled at me. "Hello there. Thank you for actually being QUIET when you woke me up." I nodded. "I remember that  you don't like loud noises." He nodded and paused for a second. "Hello again, Kayla." he grinned as he stared at me. I giggled. "SHU!" Reiji cried. "YOU KNEW ABOUT HER AND YOU DIDN'T TELL US!?" they all cried. I giggled at their response. Shu laughed with me. "I've known about her since she was born." Everybody's faces turned cold. "Why didn't you tell us we had a sister?" They growled. "Because, father said to keep her a secret, but that she would eventually come live with us." I nodded. "Is she...like us?" Kanato asked hiding behind his teddy. I smiled, and revealed my fangs. They let out a sigh of relief. "So, let's catch up, Onii-Chans!" I smiled.

     I plopped down next to Shu, and cuddled his arm. "So Kayla, how do you know so much about us?" They asked. I looked at the floor. "I watched you guys play sometimes, and I always listened to father talking to you and about you. When I found out I had brothers, I made it my mission to find out everything about you. Shu helped a lot, without him, I probably would never have gotten to meet you guys!" I smiled. We were interrupted by a girl calling, "Anybody home?" I jumped up and ran to the sound. "KAYLA!?" They shouted. That voice...was too familiar.

     "YUI!" I cried jumping into her arms. "Wah!? KAYLA?!" She cried. I turned pale. "Wait, did the...church send you?" She nodded. I groaned. "You have to come with me before-" 

"Who's this little pancake?" Ayato grinned. I hugged her tightly with tears in my eyes. "Please don't hurt my Yui-Chan!" I sobbed. Shu appeared out of nowhere and pried me off of her. "YUI!" I cried. He held me close but I flipped him over. "I said DON'T TOUCH HER!" I shouted at Laito and Kanato who had just licked her. Their eyes widened at my outburst. I could feel it, my eyes had turned from blue to red. They slowly backed away as I approached Yui. "I won't let them hurt you." i smiled hugging her. Kanato scowled at me. "No fair! Why do you get to hog the bride!?" He cried. My eyes widened. "She's...THE NEW SACRIFICIAL BRIDE!?" They all nodded. I gulped and held Yui tightly as we teleported to the roof. "Yui, I promise I won't let them hurt you! I remember how kind you were to me when I visited you at the church, and for that, I'm in your debt." Her eyes were soft. "It's very nice of you to protect me, Kayla." She smiled. Suddenly, the guys were on the roof with us. "KAYLA! STOP IT RIGHT NOW!" Reiji screamed. This made me start crying. "Wait, wait, WAIT!" He cried. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you cry, but she belongs to us now, and you have to accept that." I shook my head and buried it in Yui's chest. "I won't let you hurt her." I sobbed. "She was...kind to me." I whimpered. I heard them sigh. "We promise not to hurt her." Ayato smiled. I looked up and sniffled. "R-really?" He nodded. "I pinky promise." he said sticking out his pinky. I shook his pinky with mine and hugged him. "Yay! Yui-Chan gets to live with us!" They nodded, I was so innocent, my mistake.

     I snuck into Yui's room, and snuggled into her bed. "Yui-Chan, can I sleep with you? I'm scared." I whispered. She nodded and snuggled me close. I smiled, until we were rudely woken up. "Yui, get up. You have to attend night school with us tonight. Also, have you seen Kayla?" I poked my head up. "Present!~" I chirped. He smiled. "You'll be going to school with us, seeing as how you're very smart for your age." I grinned. "Yui-Chan?" I asked cocking my head to the right. He nodded and I jumped up. "Yay!" I shouted as I jumped on the bed. "KAYLA, STOP IT!" He barked. I ran out of the room crying. I bumped into Shu, who saw my face and got an angry expression. "Kayla, why are you crying?" he asked. I sniffled. "Reiji-yelled at-me." I sobbed. He disappeared and I just sat there, crying. A moment later, Shu came back with Reiji by the collar. "PUT ME DOWN SHU!" I suddenly felt a lot of anger. I slapped him in the face. Both him and Shu looked totally surprised. "Yell at me all you want, make me drown in my tears, but DO NOT yell at my Onii-Chans!" I barked. He gulped and rubbed the new red spot on his cheek. He nodded and Shu released him. I teleported upstairs in my room, and looked for clothes to wear. I didn't feel like wearing the uniform, so I decided on a brown spaghetti strap shirt, that showed a little of my tummy, and some black shorts, with my black tennis shoes. I teleported into the limo, and waited on my slow, slow brothers, and of course...YUI-CHAN!