The Manor; chapter 6

Start from the beginning

"Never mind," and started for the door. Suddenly, a hand was gripping her upper arm, keeping her where she was.

"Amber, turn around," he ordered her. She didn't. "Amber," his voice was far firmer this time and she was startled into turning.

"No," he said, carefully enunciating the word. "If I do, later you will hate me, but mostly, you'll hate yourself. I won't let you do that." She pulled her arm from his grasp.

"Fine, I'll get someone else to do it," she snapped. Clayton just laughed and made his way over to his desk to lean against it, his arms crossed over his chest.

"Who? You're not allowed into town. That Kevin kid is definitely into Marissa. We could all hear that one." He chuckled a little. "I'm pretty sure the male Dr. Stewart is a bit old for you and their nephew, what's-his-face is definitely gettin' all tuck up with that Jade chick." Amber's eyes had gone unnaturally wide.

"What's wrong?" Clayton asked her, his voice suddenly gentle.

"Did you just say 'tuck up?'" she asked in a rather shrill voice.

"Yeah. It's an old Southern term a buddy of my cousin used. I can't remember his name..."

"Hunter," Amber answered in a low voice.

"Yeah, that was-" before he could finish his sentence, Amber was running from the room. "Shit, Amber get the hell back here!" he yelled after her. But Amber was already fleeing and his voice fell on deaf ears.

Lisa Fuller

"Oh my god, you are so sun-burnt." Lisa woke to the soft voice of Ebony Golden and small hands gently stroking her back. It took her a moment to realize she was entirely naked and indeed, if the stinging sensation on her skin was anything to go by, very burnt. But mostly the nude fact went through her mind. Lisa blushed, though it was barely perceptible considering she was already so red, and curled up around herself in an attempt to hide her nudity.

"Don't bother," Ebony told her. "I was a model, believe me, I've seen all sorts of bodies." She looked pointedly at Lisa. "And scars. I'm used to it. "You, however, are apparently not accustomed to the sun and definitely need some aloe. I'll go find some." She closed the drapes on the setting sun then left the room, presumably to find that aloe. While she was gone Lisa slowly stood and made her way over to her drawers to pull out some underwear. She tried a tee-shirt, but it hurt too bad. Never falling asleep in the sun again, she thought.

When Lisa looked up from her drawers, it was directly into her reflection. She had always been amazed at how much her reflection showed what was truly there. The mirror always seemed to highlight the scars, the emptiness in her eyes, the tension around her mouth. What others could not see, her reflection always seemed to show so clearly.

"You're being ridiculous," she hissed to herself and turned away. Ebony walked in with a smile that faltered some when she saw the look on Lisa's eyes. But only for a moment, then she forced the smile back on and held up a bottle.

"I found the aloe," she chirped. Lisa tried to smile but, no matter how many times she told the muscles of her face to turn up, they refused to listen.

Kevin Groff

He walked across the hall and slid into his room the shut the door, leaning his forehead against it. Kevin had finally dug his hole, six feet deep, and wasn't sure he would ever be coming out of it now. What had a day ago seemed like a horrible place to be suddenly became a sort of heaven for him. Because he could have her. But it was also hell. Until he was sure that she was his and his alone the world would just be one giant hell...

"Hello Kev."

"What the fuck?!" He jumped at the light female voice coming from across the room. The too skinny girl with light brown hair, almost black eyes, and icy pale skin emerged from the shadows. Sam was in her usual black skinny jeans, black ankle boots, and loose black top. The outfits rarely varied, but managed to look very chic.