I'M SO FREAKING PISSED

The Olympics.

This year at the Olympics, our country won its very first gold medal in Olympic history. We laughed, cried, and hugged complete strangers in joy. This was an amazing year for us, to hear our anthem play up there. It was just amazing.

We had two other athletes who were also really amazing. There was this one girl who was racing to qualify for the gold medal in the hurdle races. When the race started, that girl bolted.

I swear she was going to get first place if not second in that thing. We were at home cheering like crazy.

Then she knocked over a hurdle.

She tried to brush it off, not let it faze her.

That's when she knocked over the next one.

By then, she had lost her balance and just ran over the last one. THE LAST HURDLE.

She finished last.

I nearly cried with that woman, guys, because she was GONNA qualify for the finals.

Then there was another guy who DID qualify for the finals, another really good athlete. I couldn't watch that one because I went with my dad to take his parents somewhere. My mom kept me updated by phone.

The guy started a little bit ahead of time, and got disqualified. He didn't even get to run.

The only reason I didn't cry when I heard that was because my grandparents were in the back seat, but I told them what happened.

I'm freaking heart broken, and when my dad gets out to put gas, my grandpa starts spouting this shit:

"You know that girl who won our first gold medal? She trained in the states. She could have competed for the U.S., but gave us the medal out of charity."

MIRA CABRÓN. I was so VERY close to turning around and throwing him out the window. We started arguing because he thought our athletes sucked and wouldn't grasp the fact that THE ONLY REASON WE DIDN'T WIN MORE MEDALS WAS BECAUSE OF DISQUALIFICATION.

I'm not even the type of person to carry on an argument. I usually pretend to agree with the person before the thing escalates too far, which is what I eventually ended up doing here. But believe me, I held my ground, and I'm still REALLY FUCKING PISSED at him.

*sigh* I'm sorry guys, I just needed to rant. I'm a person who's really freaking proud of where I'm from, and when people from here get up and represent us, I'm just so damn proud of them.

Hearing my grandpa diss my nationality like he did just really got to me. Again, I'm sorry for the cussing and all that.

Kay Kay out.