18. Start Again

"Take care, mother. If you need anything, let me know. I'll come by the house soon," MinYoung utters as she hugs her mother tightly. 

"You too, sweetie. You have to eat well and take care of yourself. Always stay safe, bring pepper spray, and an alarm wherever you go. I will see you and SeokJin soon," 

"Come back again soon, we'll have a proper round of drinks," Mr. Jang laughs.

"Yes, father. We'll get drunk together and get scolded for once," SeokJin remarks. 

As the couple parted their ways from the family house, the weather suddenly turns grey and gloomy. It was quite odd, since it was still winter and early in the morning. 

SeokJin has to return home to wash up properly before he goes off to work, properly this time. 

MinYoung gazes out at the gloom. She rests her head against the window, albeit the moving car against the bumpy road isn't making it any more peaceful. 

"SeokJin,"

"Hmm?" he hums, tearing his attention away from his phone. 

He notices the big distance between the two of them, yet decides not to pursue it. 

"Can you be honest with me this time?"

SeokJin nods his head. He raises one palm up and crosses the middle and index finger together, "Yes. I promise I won't hide anything from you anymore,"

This small strange action induces MinYoung to laugh through her nose. 

"Okay, it's just that, I want to know what your job is,"

"Oh, that's simple. I mostly just trade stocks online. Sometimes, I only go to the office once a week. Attend meetings, and come up with new ideas. Solve issues with the team. Just boring office stuff,"

Her eyes widen and her eyebrows arched upwards through his explanation. It seemed quite simple and as he mentioned, boring, but it had a lot of work and effort put into it. 

"Wow, you're hella smart at a young age. It's no wonder you're not that busy in the morning,"

SeokJin releases a burst of soft hearty laughter from the bottom of his lungs, yet he still covers his mouth with his palm. He brushes one palm through his soft hair. 

She doesn't know what he put through himself to reach up to the top. 

"Well, we have a good work ethic among the employees. Sometimes, there are disagreements, but we take care of the issues in a professional manner,"

'I hope that doesn't involve decapitating their heads,' 

"What does your company specialize in?" she asks, brushing her dark thoughts off.

"We specialize in gaming developments and in the creative field. Sometimes we get a variety of projects that spans from practical inventions to the simplest proposal,"

"Ah, I see. Difficult technical stuff then," she bobs her head up and down. 

She stares out at the window again. The gloomy weather is beginning to take its shape and form as light patterns of rain bounce off the tinted window. Her palm rests under her chin and her mind starts processing things again.

"SeokJin, would it be possible if I can join the company?" 

That was what she wanted to ask, but it seemed to be the easy shortcut. 

"SeokJin, I'm thinking of finding a job again,"

The latter hums again. They were almost reaching back home as the familiar street of classic greek houses come into view.