Chapter 7

"So who kissed who first?" Charlie questions at dinner. Charlie and Sam had left all day thinking Dean and Cas needed "alone time." But all Cas and Dean had done was talk, and maybe kiss a little, but mostly talk.

"I don't see how that is relevant to our discussion." Cas does that squinty eyed head tilt that Dean just loves.

"Screw relevance, I need to know." Charlie glances over at Sam.

"Well, I guess Dean was the one to do it first." Cas responds.

"Ha! Told you!" Charlie shoots a smug look toward Sam. "Fork it over." With an eye roll Sam pulls out his wallet, and hands a twenty over to Charlie.

"You were making bets?" Dean looks at them with disbelief.

"Well we needed to have a little fun while we waited for you two to finally admit your feelings to each other." Sam chuckles. "Don't think Charlie's the only one. I had bets with Bobby and Kevin, but well, those are done. Gabriel owes me fifty, he's gonna have to pay up. I owe Chuck ten if he's even alive." Sam shrugs.

"I can't believe it, what were you even betting on, like I get it's me and Cas, but what exactly?" Dean questions.

"I didn't think you'd make the first move, Charlie had more faith in you. Gabriel didn't think it was gonna happen till one of you are dying. Thankfully he's wrong. And Chuck told me it was gonna happen by at least this year, how he knew I'm not sure." Sam explains.

"Screw all of you for betting on my life." Dean shakes his head.

"Oh please, you aren't even mad." Charlie grins.

Dean looks over at Cas, still in awe by how beautiful his soul is. Cas' wings keep moving towards Dean, occasionally wrapping around him with the gentlest touch. This makes Dean wonders how often Cas did this when he couldn't see the wings.

"I heard my name being called!" Gabriel pops up behind Sam.

"Gabriel, what the hell?" Sam stands, shocked to see the smaller man.

"Don't act like you don't want me here, Sammy-boy," Gabriel smirks at Sam.

"So you knuckleheads finally did it." Gabriel looks between Cas and Dean. Dean stares at Gabe in wonder. Dean can see Gabriel's brilliant golden wings erupting from his back. They're much larger than Cas', but Dean still finds Cas' to be more beautiful.

"Like what you see, green bean?" Gabriel asks Dean.

"Not particularly, no." Dean shrugs.

"You aren't my type anyways." Gabriel smirks, slipping a wink Sam's way. "Oh, Sam, I nearly forgot, here's the fifty I owe you." Gabriel pulls out a wad of fifty one dollar bills and slips the whole thing into the waistband of Sam's pants. Sam's face is beet red.

"Um, are you two like a thing?" Charlie voices the exact thought Dean was having.

"I wish." Gabriel sighs.  "I actually came here to talk to Cas. It's about our conversation earlier."

"Did you find anything out?" Cas asks.

"Come with me and ye shall know." Gabriel says.  Cas nods. "See you in your dreams, Samwich." Gabriel winks at Sam then both angels disappear.

"Care to explain what just happened?"  Dean asks Sam.

"Nothing happened!" Sam says a bit too defensively.

"Yeah right. And I'm strait." Charlie rolls her eyes.

"I have something to do." Sam frowns and leaves the room.

"Looks like you aren't the only one with a thing for angels." Charlie glances over at Dean. "I am going to find out what happened between them." Charlie follows Sam out.

Meanwhile, Gabriel and Cas are in heaven, discussing the situation.

"I have never even heard of something like this happening, then again, I have been AWOL for the past millennia, so I asked around." Gabriel leans back in his recliner.  He has a very casual air to his office.

"What did you find out?" Cas asks,  seating himself on the white leather couch across from his brother. 

"Well, you'll be surprised to know that I actually got off my ass and did work," Gabriel grins.  "Anyways, I had to dig through some old writings and I found something." he snaps his fingers and a tablet appears in Cas' lap.  Not an old timey rock tablet, but a modern day electronic one.

"What is this?" Cas glances at it in question.

"Oh, I had the angels transfer all of our ancient writings to electronic form, so much easier to search for stuff." Gabriel says proudly.

"Anyways, that there seems to tell us what's going on." Gabriel taps on the screen. "This has only happened twice in all of history.  Once not long after humans were created and the other instance happened a couple thousand years ago." Gabriel explains.

"When an angel and a human are in love, with a deep connection, like maybe, I don't know, raising them from hell and leaving an imprint on their soul. Well, that connection has been dormant in Dean's soul for a long time.  And when he laid eyes on your bare soul, it awoke that connection, allowing him to partially see the world as you do. That's all we really know about this though, in the previous times both the human and angel died, but I'm sure you two will be fine."

Cas frowns.

"Come on, Cassie,  no need for the long face. Both of you have died plenty of times, it doesn't work for you." Gabriel doesn't seem worried.

"it's not just that," Cas shakes his head. "Dean didn't ask for this, I didn't mean to force this upon him."

"He's the one who looked at you, you didn't force him. I think you two should enjoy each other, have a little fun." Gabriel shrugs.

"Shouldn't we look further into this? We don't know much about it." Cas sighs. 

"If you want I can ask other angels some more, do a little more research." Suddenly Gabriel looks thoughtful. "Sammy-boy likes research,  do you think he'd like to help?"

"I'm sure he would enjoy it, he loves to research for the hunts." Cas thinks on it. This causes Gabriel to grin.

"I might have to ask him. Spending long nights alone together sounds very pleasant." Gabriel huffs out a laugh. "Anyways, you should head back to your boyfriend, I've got some planning to do." Gabriel snaps his fingers and Cas appears back at the bunker.  He makes his way to Dean's bedroom,  finding Dean laying in bed watching TV. 

"Hello, Dean." Cas says softly. Dean looks up at his angel and breaks out into a huge smile. Dean is still in awe at the beautiful sight of Cas' wings.

"Cas, come join me." Dean pats his bed.  With a smile, Cas approaches Dean, his wings already moving towards the beautiful soul of the human he loves.