chapter 10

Max like a good little brother calmed me down which took a couple of hours not to mention another break in into my head and practically ordering me to calm down. After he was sure I was back to normal he left, closing the door behind him, sensing that I needed some time alone to digest what I had heard just a couple of hours ago.

My first instinct was to run into Allison’s room and tell her all that had happened sure that she would understand my situation and do her best to help me but then I remembered that I was in New York while my best friend was in London. I lay down on my bed with my face in my cushion. At that moment I missed her so much. I could call her but that wouldn’t be the same as talking to her face to face but my phone was all I had.

I reached out to my bedside table to see if my phone was there but it wasn’t. I flipped over and looked around my room and sighed seeing my phone on the desk. I couldn’t reach it from where I was lying. I would have to get up. I’ll admit I’m like the definition of lazy. I groaned and got up. I walked over to my desk, grabbed my phone and fell back down on my bed.

I went to my contacts and scrolled through my 5 contacts and found the contact of the orphanage. I clicked on it and it took a lot of time for someone to pick up as Mrs. Gardiner usually answered the phone after around three rings. When she did pick up the phone, I heard her familiar voice say, drowsily “hello. Who’s this?” “Alexis” I replied smiling.

“Alexis, are you out of your mind. It’s 6 AM in the morning. You can’t call at 6 and expect anyone to be awake.” I looked at the clock. It read 3:15. I frowned, but then I remembered the 9 hour time difference. I bit my lip and said “sorry Mrs. Gardiner. I forgot about the time difference.”

She replied “It’s alright. Now I assume you called to speak to Allison.” “Yeah, but she’ll be asleep right now so I’ll call you later.” I replied. She said “No. If I tell her it’s you she’ll probably take the call at 3 in the night. Wait a minute, I’ll get her.”

After a few minutes of silent a very familiar, drowsy voice said “who’s this?” “Wake up sleepyhead, it’s me.” I yelled hardly able to keep my excitement in control. “Alexis” she replied, probably holding the receiver at an arm’s length, all traces off drowsiness gone. “Oh my god! How are you? Miss me already, huh?”

I replied “Of course I miss you Allison. I’m fine. How are you?” “I’m cool. A bit lonely now that you’ve gone and I had to make up a story at school for your absence till Mrs. Gardiner’s come up with a real excuse.” “I’m sorry I had to leave Allison. You know, I have a brother. His name is Max and....” I trailed off because saying Max’s name reminded me off my mother. “Alexis, are you okay. You didn’t call me at 6 in the morning to say hi, did you?” she said sounding concerned.

I sighed and said “You’re right. I didn’t call just to say hi. I just found out that....” and I told her everything. From finding out about my adoption to meeting Max and Karen to finding out about my powers to my real mother being alive. She just listened. When I finished talking I was crying, I’ve no clue why, she said “Alexis, I...” “Don’t say I’m sorry because I don’t want to hear it.” I said. “I wasn’t going to. I-I don’t know what to say. I’m shocked.”

“First about your brother and now this. I don’t know how you can bear this. I would have run to the end of the world screaming my lungs out and pulling my hair” she ended in a matter-of-fact tone. That’s my best friend for you. She could make me laugh when I was about to cry.

I let out a watery chuckle. She laughed, knowing she had cheered me up. I said “thanks Allison. To tell you the truth I want to run to the end of the world screaming and pulling my hair but I‘m forcing myself to stay because A) I have nowhere to go and B) I would miss Max.”

When Allison spoke she sounded cross and I wondered what I had said “You could always come back to London, you know. But you love Max more than me now, huh. You forgot me in 2 days. I wonder if you’ll even remember my name the next time we meet.” “Of course I will and I love you and Max the same. I love him because he is my brother and you because you’re my best friend.” I replied in a mock-hurt voice.

“But admit you love me 1 percent more than you love him.” she said and I could tell that she was very close to laughter right now. “I’ll think about it.”I said in a mock-thoughtful voice. Allison burst out laughing.

After she had controlled herself she said “I don’t like you anymore. You love him more than me.” She said in a hurt voice. “Awwww, come on. Don’t do this to me. You know I love you more.” I said laughing. “HA.” she yelled and in the background someone, presumably Mrs. Gardiner, told her to keep her voice down. “I finally got you to admit it.” She said in triumphantly.

“Anyway, I have to go now. I have school tomorrow, unlike you. You lucky git. Bye.” She said a little sadly. “Bye. I’ll miss you.” I said and she hung up.\

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note-

Hey, guys. hope you like this chapter. I thought you guys would forget Allison so I just reminded you guys of her.  Oh and by the way I editted the 9th chapter to fit the later part of the story.

So as always don't forget to comment, vote and follow.

cheers,

Have a great day ;)