Chapter 1

Note to Reader: Adapted from Ranger's Mate (m/m version of this story).  I'm going to put up the whole novella a piece at a time because I have to re-edit after copy and pasting onto Wattpad- takes some time.  I'll leave it up to read for a bit, but may take it down later to sell- just wanted to give everyone a heads up on that.  Also, it should be available to download on bookseller sites soon too.  Happy Reading!

*******

Ranger

The light turned on in the apartment across the alley.

I watched as Kiko set down her briefcase and reached up to undo the efficient bun she had her hair in. Silky black strands fell down to frame her pretty face with its smooth skin and high cheekbones.

The longer I watched her, the more like a voyeur I felt.

Not that it deterred me.

She walked through the living room and into the bedroom, sitting down at the foot of the bed to unbuckle her heels and slide her feet out of them. She was always very deliberate when she took off her clothes, putting everything away in its place right away.

I glanced back at the bedroom I'd been using, taking in the pile of clean clothes and the pile of dirty clothes.

Not at all like me.

I turned back to find her hanging up her suit pants, her body now clad only in a matching black bra and cheeky panties that hugged her round ass faithfully. My eyes skated down the pretty curve of her back, ass, and toned legs as she hooked the hanger on the rod.

She turned back around, offering me a view of her front.

I scanned her slowly, feeling my pulse pick up.

She was toned and slim, but curvy, looking both strong and feminine,her breasts not overly large but shaped beautifully and set high on her rib cage.

My fingers curled into my palms as I thought about sliding my hands across that supple skin, skating my hands over those curves.

Her underwear didn't cover much, but it was still too much, not giving me all the information I wanted.

She stopped in front of the pull up bar she had installed and took a firm grip on it.

I grimaced a little as I shifted in my seat.

I didn't feel great about watching her during this time, but I didn't have the self-control to stop.

She kept going until her chest was heaving with her breaths and her skin was glowing with sweat, showing the gentle muscle definition in her arms and shoulders.

She had a weight set-up in the living room, but she used that in the mornings. As far as I could tell, the pull ups were more for stress release than anything else.

I could relate.

As she turned to the bathroom, she hooked her underwear and pulled it down to reveal one round ass cheek.

And then the bathroom door closed on me.

I sighed, sitting back.

Reaching down, I cupped myself.

I definitely deserved the daily dose of blue balls.

I'd been watching her for a week, waiting to see if she'd slip and incriminate herself. There was no digital trail leading back to her,no financial trail at all that I could see. But I'd already crossed Sheldon and Irene off the list.