Surprise Party

Scotty's pov-

I felt a little guilty at what Tenley and I just did, I wanted to respect Luke and wait till she was older. Tenley could tell there was something wrong with me, but I wasn't going to say it out loud. I heard a car door shut outside, and steps up to the front door. In walked Til.

"Til how'd tryouts go?" Tenley asked as he plopped down on the recliner.

"Good. I made the team." He said.

"Great job Tilly billy!" She congratulated him. Luke walked in and stood at the end of the couch.

"Hey there Scotty." He said and I shook his hand. He went off to the kitchen, and the three of us sat and watched another movie that was showing on TV.

Luke's pov-

I'm sitting in the kitchen waiting for Caroline and the two boys to get home. My phone went off so I took it out of my pocket, and had a text.

'We'll be home soon. We're leaving the store now. I love you' It was from Caroline. I texted her back.

'Drive careful baby. I love you too.' I went into my office to look through all the supplies we had for the party. It was a yes. We had everything we needed.

"Scotty will you come here for a minute?" I poked my head out of the office door and yelled. I heard him jogging over.

"Yes sir?" He asked. I pulled him inside my office and shut the door.

"We have a mission for you. We all pretended we forgot Ten's birthday, and we're throwing her a surprise party. But to decorate we need you to take her out to an early dinner. Will you?" I started explaining.

"Of course sir. I don't see a problem in it!" He sounded excited.

*Two hours later*

Everyone is here at the house, all the decorations are put up. The table with all the food is out and there are drinks out. Scotty should be bringing Tenley home anytime now. There was music playing in the background and I was talking to Blake and Jason, while Bo was playing with Jason's youngest daughter Kendyl. They get along so well and have played together since they were babies.

Tate was talking my mama's ear off. He loves mamaw LeClaire. Til was excited to see Kris and Jordan he's missed them so much, and Tenley will be excited to see them as well. Caroline was talking to Brittany, Jason's wife.

Til came running out the back door, "They're here!" He yelled. Everyone hid.

Tenely's pov-

After a great birthday dinner Scotty took me to, we went home. No one was in the house so I was thinking maybe they went for an evening swim. Scotty and I walked to the back yard and everyone jumped out and yelled surprise.

I was so happy, I thought they forgot my birthday. I looked around and saw all of our country music family and saw Mamaw LeClaire and papa Tommy. They brought Kris and Jordan down with them. Mama and Daddy ran up and hugged me.

"Happy birthday baby!" Dad kissed the top of my head and mama hugged me tight.

Everyone was having a great time, eating sub's, swimming, just talking. When it came time to open presents I was sat in the middle of the deck and everyone around me.

Mama would hand me present one at a time, the first one was wrapped with a card tapped to the top. I opened the card and it said,

'To my greatest goddaughter, Happy birthday I sure hope its a great one! -Love Jason, Brittany, Keeley and Kendyl.' I smiled and thanked them, I unwrapped the present and it was a box. I had to open the tapped box, and it that was a camouflage hat, probably from uncle Jason. Then a new sundress from Keeley and Kendyl.

The next present was from Uncle Blake and Gwen, it was just a card with a 50 dollar bill in it. I thanked them and moved on.

After getting through all the presents and thanking everyone dad piped in "I have one last present!" He said running inside them running back out. It was a huge box, I ripped it open and inside was a new bow and a few arrows.

"Now when we go hunting you don't have to use my old bow or your small bow." I thanked him, but at the bottom was a small necklace like box. I grabbed in and opened it, there was a keychain. It was from Florida and had my name customed on it.

"Remember that time when we went to Florida and we got you a keychain, then you lost it and you cried for two days straight? Well I got it replaced!" I jumped up and hugged dad.

"Thank you everyone!" I said and the party went on until people started leaving.