Prologue

Your sleep, if you could call it that, was interrupted by the sound of machinery activating. It was that time of day again. You felt your arms being lifted by the machine they had been attached to for the entirety of the time you have been kidnapped. You couldn't remember how much time had passed since then. Bakker, the man who had kidnapped you, had said you were unconscious for a long time after the first stage of his experiment. You had no idea if that was days, weeks or months.

The sound of the heavily reinforced door that was across the room from you opening signaled that you captor had entered the room. You didn't bother opening you eyes to look at him. There were also two other sets of footsteps accompanying him.

"Bugs." you growled beneath your breath.

They were part of a previous experiment of Bakker. Once they were humans. Now they were a disgusting mish mash of human and insect. Bakker referred to them by nicknames, Kickback and Shrapnel. A third one referred to as Hardshell was not present. He had little to no interest in what was about to happen to you and was only present when he was needed.

A deep circular pit in the ground located in the center of the room, filled halfway with an orange liquid up that would eat away the flesh on your body in a matter of seconds should you fall in, was what kept you in place. You heard the sound of the movable bridge attaching to your platform. Bakker walked across it to greet you with an injection into one of your arms. You've gotten use to this so much that you barely feel the prick of the needle.

"Wake him up with ten percent more voltage than usual." Bakker ordered, you didn't know which one was working the controls.

A quick surge of electricity is sent through your body from from the restraints both your arms are attached to. The pain is brief but your body convulses from it nonetheless.

"Are you awake ?"

"Go to hell." you replied weakly.

"I have good news for you. Tomorrow you'll be out of your restraints for a while."

"What's the occasion ?" you asked.

"You're about to enter the final stage of testing."

He said nothing more and walked back across, the bridge retreating back once he had reached the other side. Once again electricity is sent surging this time at a much higher voltage. The first was just to wake you up. This one is a typical stress test . You were subjected to them multiple times daily, each one increasing in intensity.

You could tell Kickback and Shrapnel enjoyed the pain you were going through. Through your agonized screams you heard their psychotic laughter. The enjoyment they derived from this bordered on arousal.

"Ahahaha those screams. Can you hear them Shrapnel ?"

After about thirty seconds it stopped but the pain still lingered for a while.

"You should consider yourself lucky. Only three others were able to withstand that kind of voltage without dying."

"Then why don't you bother them ?"

"Subjects Horridus, Northropi and Marrocanus have already passed testing and are at another location far from here. I wanted you out here for this experiment."

"Did you give them those names ?"

He didn't reply to you. You heard him order the voltage to be increased. You braced yourself for the pain but nothing happened. Instead an emergency alarm sounded, followed by a panicked guard who rushed into the room.

"Sir specimen Saharicus has escaped !"

"What ? How did this happen ?" Bakker chided.

"I don't know. I was told it escaped containment."

"Kickback find Hardshell and meet up Shrapnel in the containment area."

"Right away." he replied before hopping along the walls to find his ally. Shrapnel followed shortly after. Bakker then turned to the guard.

"Make sure this room stays secured." he barked at him.

"Yes sir."

Both exited the room, sealing the door along with them. The sound of the alarm became muffled. You were overcome with relief at that moment. The stress tests were put on hold for the moment, all because of an escaped experiment, at least that is what you assumed had escaped. But you couldn't help but wonder what exactly it was. Was it simply just another experiment or was it something he had created for the final part of your testing ? You decided not to dwell on it. You were content to be alone at that moment and decided to rest your aching body.

Hours passed. While the alarm had stopped neither Bakker or any of the bugs had returned, meaning they were still looking for whatever had escaped. However you could hear something going on outside. You heard the heavy rattling of what sounded like automatic fire followed some loud crashes. You wondered briefly what was going on.

The door opened and the cause of the activity outside stepped in. You were surprised at the sight. A girl, roughly around your age, with dark brown hair that had a beret on top, had entered. A pair of sunglasses covered her eyes and in her arms she carried a Gatling gun.

"Hold on we're gonna get you out."

As if on cue three more individuals, still around the same your age, stepped in.

The first was a dark skinned boy with messy copper hair and pure white eyes. Attached to his arms was a pair of blades.The second was another boy. This one much more taller and muscular than the first. He had short, shave black hair, tanned skin and carried a massive sword.

But the final one to enter surprised you the most. Another girl who didn't seem to carry a weapon with her. She had long, brown hair and brown eyes. But there was one thing that stood out to you more than anything.

"Are those rabbit ears ?"