Prologue

This story is rewritten.

*

A huge thanks to E1024A for creating this awesome mood board for me ♥️

*

Hello, Gabrielle!

We're extremely happy to hear from you and are happy that you're interested in working with us. We sent you the plane tickets and we expect you next week. Amelia is very excited to meet you and so am I and my husband.

Our driver will pick you up from the airport when you land and he will take you straight to our house where you'll meet us all and settle in.

We all look forward to it!

With love,

Rosalyn Holt

•••

I think back to my life these past few weeks. For a month, I've only been preparing to leave. Leave this life behind and start somewhere new. Somewhere fresh. With new people. People who don't know me and I don't know them. People who don't know my past and will only know my future.

I'm sitting on the train for the last time today, staring at the letter in my hands. The paper's already all crumbled because I took it everywhere with me as a reminder and as something to calm me down.

In a few days, things will be different for me. Hopefully better.

"Mademoiselle? Je crois que c'est votre station," the conductor says kindly, reminding me that I have to get off the train.

I turn my head away from the window. I've been too busy staring at our surroundings to notice we're approaching our station. But then again, I bought the ticket to nowhere, basically. I chose some place I haven't been to before to play a tourist one last time and memorise it all before I leave it for some time.

Will I miss it? Hardly. There's nothing much to miss here for me.

"Ah, oui. Merci," I reply back and give him a half-smile. That's the only thing I can muster.

I grab my things and walk towards the exit, staring at my reflection in the glass doors.

In a few days at this exact time, things will be different.

Better or worse – but they'll be different.

Although it's hard to imagine it can get worse than this.

*

Wow, wow, hello again. You're hearing from me yet again. This time, with a brand new story. I'm very excited to share it with you!!

I've had the idea for this story for about a year now (maybe more?) and I honestly can't tell you how excited I am to finally start working on it!

And also, this story will be NOTHING like His Series. I hope you'll like it!

Come say hi:

twitter: patriciakauthor

instagram: patriciakauthor

X