Stay. (Bruce Wayne x Reader)

She was his light.

She was his angel.

She was his everything.

The other girls kiss and her roaming hands felt like ghost finger tips still sending regret down his body.

He remembered her sadden face and her soundless footsteps running away from the music of the party.

Away from him.

Then he ran.

He ran through the the crowd.

He ran down the streets, yelling her name.

His voice grew hoarse and his foot grew tired.

When he came back to the Wayne Mansion, he found every trace of her belongings where gone, all was left was a sloppily written note.

Dear Bruce,

I saw you with her earlier, along with the dozens of woman thrown at you.

I guess you could say that I had enough.

It's ok, I don't blame you. You're rich, smart, kind. A perfect guy. I would hit on you too.

But I can't live with our relationship like this.

I still love you.

His eyes watered.

She was gone, she already left.

He was alone.

Don't cry.

Maybe we will meet in the future.

Bruce looked up from the note and ran his hand through his hair, frustrated at himself. Tears rolled down his cheeks slowly.

There he was, sitting in the dark. Just like his life.

With the heart ache left behind by a the angel that left his life.

I'll miss you.

Maybe you won't miss me... It's ok, I'll love you anyways.

He wanted to crumple up the note and throw it in the fireplace, but this was the last thing he had of hers.

This was the last thing she touched, he can't throw it away.

He wanted the phone to ring, her voice laughing that this was a prank, and Bruce would demand her to come home, then sweeping her up with kisses.

He wanted her to walk in, smiling at him, kissing his forehead, telling him that she forgives him.

He wanted that so bad.

Remember when we where happy?

I want you to remember me like that.

Remember when we where in love.

He did remember her happy.

Her reassuring that he will always be alright. Her gentle smiles in the morning.

He choked back the lump in his throat.

The door creaked open.

Bruce's head immediately shot to it, hopes filling his head with lies.

Alfred looked sad.

"Is she gone..." He said.

Love, Y/N

Alfred nodded slowly then leaving him with his heart shattered across the floor, collapsed him his own sorrow.

.•*•.

He grinned at the group of people that walked in, walking over to them, greeting them.

A girl latched to his side as he sat down on the booth, trailing her finger over his chest.

He leaned for the long awaited make out session, but his eyes trailed over to the door.

Meeting e/c eyes.

He froze, staring at the girl.

She smiled at him, with a tinge of sadness, seeing him with a girl.

Bruce pushed the random girl off and weaved his way through the crowd.

To her.

His suppressed feelings rapidly surfaced, his heart ache, once cured by alcohol and one girl after another.

Y/N looked away and walked the other direction.

He was almost running at this point, chasing after the lost hope, the fading light, his running angel.

He was so close.

She turned a corner of the winding hallways.

Bruce picked up his pace, then grabbing her arm, pulling her to his chest.

Where they stayed for what felt like years.

Their heart beats and heart aches as one.

"B-Bruce.." Y/N said, then looking up to meet his eyes.

Their faces, millimeters apart.

"I love you, Y/N."

"We can't."

"We can."

"It won't work."

"I'll make it work...." Their lips almost touching. "I... I miss you."

"I miss you, too."

"Then stay."

Her eyes flashed anger, "It won't work. Every time I see you, it's always with another girl."

"One more chance."

They stared at each other, admiring the features they hadn't seen in a year.

"I can't stop thinking about you. I can't stop loving you."

He cupped his hand around her face, pulling her in for a long, passionate kiss.

"Stay."

She looked at him, almost crying.

Then, carefully wrapping her arms around his torso, listening to his heart beat.

"Fine."