Chapter 35

Natalia POV

I was literally sitting, punching, and stuffing my clothes into my suitcase.

Today was the day that we were leaving for the business trip in Hawaii.

Yeah, I know.

I was surprised myself when Asher told me. Especially with Miya and everything else I was kind of unsure.

But it's not like I had an option anyway. I was really nervous though... I mean at first.

I thought that it was going to be him and I, but I kind of relaxed when he said that Jason and Tracey was going to be coming.

It will be nice to have a friend come along. I would’ve probably made a fool of myself if it was just us alone, and plus Asher and I probably wouldn't stop fighting. If someone wasn't there occupying my time.

And not to mention the affection that Asher displayed on me last night was still sitting in the back of my mind.

I mean the feel of his soft lips against my cheek drove me crazy, and then the sweet words that he said about me and Miya made it even more special.

I really wasn't expecting him to do that. And because of his little gesture yesterday, I knew that I couldn't be alone with him.

Not for his sake but mine.

I finally managed to put my stuff in the suitcase. I zipped it up and went into the bathroom before I went downstairs.

I was wearing a black shirt that fitted nicely on my stomach and chest. I also had on blue jeans with matching Nike black sleek shoes.

I straightened my hair, and put on a little eyeliner, and mascara. I grabbed my suitcase, and trotted down stairs.

The first thing I saw was Miya’s little body flying towards me.

"Mama please don't go!" She said crying.

She wrapped her arms around my legs tightly soaking my jeans with her wet tears. It broke my heart to see her like this.

It's going to be my first time being away from her this long. And quite honestly, I'm not going to feel all that comfortable being away from here.

However, this is my job, and I'm doing it for her and me. So, we can live a good life.

"Oh, baby girl don't cry." I said crouching down to her and wiping her tears.

She shook my hand off and threw her body at me still crying. I rubbed her back in a circle soothing her.

After a while, when she seemed to get composure. I pulled back from her, and moved her hair from her face.

"I'm sorry baby girl mom has to go to work, but I will be back in no time." I smiled looking at her.

She looked up at me with stained cheeks, and silent tears. She pulled out her pinky.

"Pwromise?" She asked with her big eyes.

I grabbed her pinky, and we both kissed our hands at the same time.

"Promise." I gave her hug, and looked up. Once I did I saw Asher looking straight at us.

But he seemed bother, almost like he was in pain. It was kind of odd because I never saw him look like that ever.

Once he met my eyes, I think he noticed my confused expression, because he left with my suitcase in hand going towards the car.

"I love you"

"Love you"

Once I stood up I saw Asher rush from behind me towards Miya.

"I'll see you in a week sweet heart" He said smiling at her.

She nodded her head looking down. She looked so sad.

"What can I do to make you smile?" He asked trying to cheer her up.

She just looked at him blankly.

"What about the... TICKLE MONSTER!!" He then started tickling her on her stomach all over.

She squirmed out of his arms laughing. She finally got down on the ground staring at him still laughing.

He bent down and gave her a kiss on her forehead. She smiled at him and waved goodbye.

He walked out of the door towards outside. I looked back at Jane giving her instructions.

"Alright, so if you need anything Jane please call me. Or if you need something for Miya let me know." I said smiling at her.

"Okay Thanks Natalia!" She said

"No, thank you Jane I really appreciate it!" I gave her a hug and left out the door.

Once I walked outside Asher was still putting our suitcases in the car. However, it wasn't his normal limo, it was a really nice car.

It was black, shiny, and sleek. I walked to the car once he shut the trunk. He then unlocked the car.

I stepped into the car, and it was nicer then the exterior of it. The car was neat, leathered, and smelled fresh. It obviously looked expensive.

"Nice car." I said

He didn't respond, but started the car and drove off.

Oh, I probably should mention that since last night Asher has been ignoring me.

I mean I talked to him a few times this morning and afternoon. He just doesn't respond or he just gives a short nod.

I didn't know why it was different. I thought maybe it was because of yesterday because of the kiss on the cheek. But I didn't think that it was a big deal, right?

After a while we drove in an empty parking lot. I was confused at first because I thought we were going to the airport.

But of course, I see a jet, a private jet to be exact. We parked the car, and I got out and closed the door.

Once I did, two cars pulled up beside us. Tracey came out, while Jason came out another.

"Hey Natalia!" Tracey said running up to me.

"Hey, Tracey!" I said waving at her.

"I didn't know you were coming until Jason told me a moment ago! It's going to be so much fun."

"Yeah, it will be cool to have someone to talk to, then Mr. Grump over here." I said pointing at Asher.

She gave a little chuckle at that. We finally went inside the jet. It was so huge.

The jet had white chairs, couches, tables, and seats. The floor and the cover were a velvet red color.

Asher already took a seat in the back. I decided to sit by Tracey but Jason beat me to it.

"Jason, Natalia was going to sit there!” She yelled at him.

"We need to talk." He gave her a glare.

She stared at him for a while giving him a dirty look.

Okay... well that was weird.

I looked beside me and saw the only open seat. Which was by Asher. I sat down quietly and afraid…

He kept on looking out the window. He had on a blue dress shirt with pants, and nice dress shoes.

His hair fell loosely in his eyes. The muscle of his jaw line showed through his skin.

He was so beautiful.

I didn't realize that I was staring at him until I caught his gaze. He quirked his eyebrow up at me.

I looked down quickly clearing my throat.

"Um.. how long is the flight?" I asked.

"Three hours." He said quickly.

I nodded my head and looked out the window. At least he said something to me. Only a few words.

A few words.