Ch. 10 Dominican Pleasure

Antonio: So you coming with me or not. You know i don't like being late

Javier: Okay, just go get the car started at least.

I had to find something nice to wear, who knows who's going to be at this get together. Plus, i knew i can't be looking like a bum in front of Miguel.

We get to leaving, and Antonio is just babbling words to the song that was playing on the radio. This man couldn't sing for shit, worse is he doesn't even know the words.

Javier: You want to stop singing?

Antonio: you can always get out and walk

If i knew this boy was going to be whaling i would have taken a cab.

12:00 am

There is like serious heads here. Ain't the good type of crowd either. Antonio sees his boys and bails, leaving me on the front lawn with the rest of strangers. Jackass.

I begin to look for Miguel in this crowd of gangstas. Im not having much luck doing so either. The air is just polluted with smoke, beer breath and sweat from all the heat of being compressed to one another. I already wanted to leave.

This just reminds me of my first night out in L.A. But this time won't be no gun shots cause everyone here is like family to one another. Their loyalty is way to strong. And if it's not then the people would be handled so to say. I make my way down to the basement where there were maybe 9 other people just smoking hell of blunts.

?: Ay, you want hit?

Javier: Sure

I take the blunt and inhale deeply, letting it sit, feeling the burning sensation makes me cough hell of hard but it's no bother. I hit again and this time im completely fine. I close my eyes while i hold it in. Passing the blunt to the next person in line, everyone just watches him puff. They were in they own little world. After the next couple people hit it's comes back to me. I of course take my puff and i take it hard twice. Even the third time before i passed it, and once i passed it, i felt the high.

Everything was going slow and it felt good. Since everyone else was calm it made me remain calm instead of wildin out. After my last puff i go back upstairs watching everyone go about their business in slow motion as if i was in a movie.

I go to find Antonio outside and sit with him and his boys. Their all drinking and i just sat there looking at them. So far gone right now.

Antonio: Javier you good?

Javier: Yeah... You haven't seen Miguel yet?

Antonio: He had went to my car right quick. Why.

I immediately get up without answering him back. Speed walking around front to where Antonio parked, his car was basically a good distance from the house. I see Miguel in the driver's seat with the light on doing something.

Javier: Your not doing nothing illegal in Antonio's car is you?

Miguel: Oh shit, glad you made it... And nah, just rolling me one up. Cause you know-

Javier: Yeah, you don't like smoking in front of others. I know you Miguel, i didn't forget.

He smiles at me as if I said the most flattering thing. He tells me to get in, so i climbed in the backseat. Of course he follows. At this point he finished rolling his up and the only person he'd smoke in front of is me.

Miguel: You wanna hit or you too high right now.

He said while puffing on it. I so helplessly look at him while he does and he looks at me smiling with the blunt in his mouth. I lean in and kiss him on cheek really slow.