Chapter 12-Old friends, Older ways.

~Amelia~
He stayed in the bedroom the rest of that day, missed dinner and by the next morning the migraine was still going strong. So, I took it upon myself to call the doctor, even though his stubborn ass refused. And here we were, Dominic sitting on the exam table at the private clinic Dr. Cronin had a few blocks from the hospital.
He looked big on the small table and seemed extra grumpy. A little more then he had all week. I knew the attitude was from him not being able to leave the house.
Dr. Cronin was leaning against the medical cabinet and talking, hands moving as he did so. "...you suffered a pretty bad concussion in the accident. Just like some people can lose memories. That's just temporary most of the time, but you could have migraines for a year to mild headaches for the rest of your life. Nothing life threatening. I'll get you a stronger pain pill." The doctor walked over to the laptop and typed for several minutes before closing it up.
"I'll have my receptionist make a follow-up appointment for next week. If nothing changes, we can do some tests." Next, Cronin opened the door and Dominic stood up to shake his hand. I followed them both out and into the lobby where he personally showed us out. I was praying this would get them under control...
~Dominic~
The bell chimed above the door to the florists shop as I walked in.
It took me an hour to get past Amelia. She didn't want me to drive, not alone anyway, and she didn't want one of my migraines to hit while I was out. She was especially upset that I didn't mention where I was going. My main goal was to bring home a bouquet of flowers and her favorite take-out. Thankfully the new meds were working great and it didn't feel like my brain was rattling and pounding inside of my skull.
"Welcome. Is there anything I can help you with this evening sir?" Asked a beautiful blonde sitting behind the counter as I made my way further in.
Cute, but not my type. The only type I had was Amelia. That's s just how it goes when you're married. Unless you unloyal pig. So glad my old ways had gone when I had fallen in love with my wife.
"Sure. Any chance you have any African Daisies? My wife loves those." I made it a point to add that, mainly because blondie looked like she wanted to hop over that counter and pounce.
"Of course. They're aren't any on display. So I'll go in the...back. You would like a bouquet?" She asked as she walked towards the back of the shop. I gave her a nod and a kind smile before she disappeared.
I was doing this because I had been a total asshat all week to my wife, even though none of this was anyone's fault. Amelia had a kind and understanding soul. She was working, taking care of the twins (plus my big grumpy ass) and cleaning and cooking. Of course Sarah was around to help. To get to the point, I knew Amelia could and was holding shit down.
But its not her job. Which is why I planned on going to work first thing in the morning.
I wondered around the shop and grabbed up two teddy bears for Sean and Mikey.
"You're Amelia's husband, true?" I looked up from the prevased flowers and over at a blonde haired man. He looked like a total fucking douchebag. 'And who are you, motherfucker?' Is really want I wanted to ask.
"Yes?" I asked, frowning over at him. He had some roses in his hand and later on I would learn that they were for Sarah. How fucking cliché were red roses?
"Elijah King. I work with your wife at the elementary school." My eyebrow popped up and I almost laughed when he stuck his hand out for a shake.
"I think she has mentioned you. It wasn't anything good, either..." when he saw that I was not going to accept his handshake he dropped his arm. I moved in closer to whisper to him. The blonde worker was back with the Daisies. "Keep your hands and your eyes and your thoughts to yourself. And I would advise that you never ever come to my house again. My children live there. Im the wrong motherfucker to piss off. Got it?" When I was done I glanced at his blank face before walking up to the cashier and paying for the flowers and teddies before taking my product.
~Amelia~
I was picking up toys after putting the boys down for a nap when the doorbell rang. Sarah was vacuuming the hallway and the guests bedrooms.
I didn't know who would be here right now. God I hoped it was not Elijah, I thought as I unlocked the door and opened it. It definitely wasn't him.
On my porch stood a huge chunk of nothing but male. He was tall, taller then Dominic, who to me, was a mountain. Aside from that, the first thing I noticed was his eyes, a dark cloudy gray like clouds before a terrible lightning storm. Chestnut brown hair was pulled back from his smooth dark skin. The man looked...really strong...and handsome.
I crossed my arms and cleared my throat. I hated how my cheeks suddenly felt warm.
"Can I help you?" I asked after it felt like I had stood there for years staring at him.
"Maybe..." His voice was deep but kinda quiet. "I'm looking for Dominic. I'm his old friend, Rory Shaw." With that he smiled down at me, all teeth and dimple. Dayum.
"Um...he isn't home. But he should be home soon. Would you like to wait inside? Its a little hot?" Okay, what the ever-loving fuck, Amelia?
As if I hadn't watched enough movies were women got killed for letting strangers in.
I stepped aside and he walked past me into the foyer. After I shut things up I followed him into the living room and I watched his back the entire time. That long brown hair was in a pony tail that went all the way to his...ass. My eyebrows popped up. I had to shake my head clear because what the fuck was I thinking?
"Sit down, if you want. Would you like something to drink? Water, tea, coffee, soda...a beer?" I asked as he lowered himself onto the couch and his eyes didn't leave me the whole time.
"Yea...Ill have a cold one." He answered and crossed his leg, ankle at the knee. I didn't see blue jeans and biker boots in my everyday life. Well, except when I binge watched Sons of Anarchy. Let me just say dayum again.
I left then, quickly. Thank God we had chosen the house that didn't have a open layout. I swear the temperature in the kitchen was ten degrees cooler.
I took my time getting the beer from the fridge and popping the top. The whole time wondering why Dominic would be associated with someone like him. Like him? Was I judging?
"Please, please, please warn me when there are fine ass men sitting in the livingroom. I walked in looking like a totally fucking nanny." Sarah said as she came into the kitchen. Her short blonde hair was a little out of place. But she was still beautiful.
"That's because you are a nanny." I smiled over at her and she narrowed her eyes on me.
"Oh...we've established that?" she asked next a huge grin spreading onto her face. "Yes, you're amazing. I don't know what I would do without you." I said and gripped the beer before leaving the kitchen. Rory Shaw was right where I left him.
"Here you go." I said and walked over to him only close enough for him to take the beer.
"Thank you." He said and raised it a little as if to cheer me. I walked across the rug and took the furthest seat away.
I cursed myself for wearing a skirt...and heels as those dark gray irises followed my leg as I crossed it and sat up strait.
"How do you know my husband?" I asked, watching him take a huge drink of the beer.
"Your husband? I thought you were his daughter." And with that he grinned and winked. Okkkkay. My face was ablaze once again. I had to look down at my hands. My fingers were intertwined, knuckles white. I forced myself to relax before I looked back over at Rory.
"We studied together." He answered my question and it really made me want to laugh. I mean unless he was a psychologist or a school teacher...he was definitely lying.
"Why has he never mentioned you?" I asked next and rose my chin a little. Rory finished off the beer and sat it on the table. Then he leaned forward, elbows coming to rest on his knees.
"Maybe we'll ask him...Lets talk about you. I never got your name? Where did you meet Dominic. How did he end up with a...sexy little thing like you?" His voice had deepened slightly. I bit my lip as he stared across the room at me. That was how Dominic ended up with me. His great personality, erotic charm and I mean come on he is a sex god.
"Um, Amelia. My name is-"
I didn't get to finish my sentence as the front for opened. Our gazes broke and we looked towards the sound just as Dominic came into the living-room.
He had a bouquet of African daisies-my favorite flower and a take-out bag. He looked content, no headaches and he had gotten some sunlight.
"Motherfucker." Dominic hissed when he seen Rory Shaw sitting there.
"I suppose we can't share this one, true?" When I glanced back at the gray eyed gladiator he was standing and those white teeth, deep dimples were out.
I stood up then and walked to my husband. Had I heard that right? Most definitely and holy fuck did it bring images into my head that were so not appropriate or welcome.
"Ill take these." Dominic looked down at me as I took the flowers then leaned up and gave him a kiss. His eyes shifted away and I took the food as well.
When I made it to the kitchen I stayed hidden but could hear. He didn't look to happy to see Rory.
"You can't say shit like that in front my wife, dickhead."
I heard the stranger chuckle at Dominic's words. "What do you want?"
"Just dropping by-"
"Bullshit..."
I so did not stick around. If I didn't run to my room I didn't know what I did. Once there I crossed the room and locked the bathroom door behind me. I stood against the door for what felt like forever. When the burning between my thighs didn't recede I cursed aloud.
This was something new. Very new. Nothing turned me on unless it had something to do with Dominic.  Not a fucking stranger.
Yet, here I was, needing to me sated...somehow. Several seconds later my hand traveled south, under my skirt and onto my sex. I couldn't help but feel like a total...slut.
~Dominic.~
"What did he mean by that?" Amelia asked me later that night as we got into bed. I knew exactly what that was and had no desire to discuss it with her.
"Nothing." Is all I said and got under the sheets and blankets. Amelia came to my side of the bed, hair wet from a shower, wearing an aqua and lace nightgown that showed her luscious curves and ended mid thigh. Her legs did look especially nice.
"He said you two studied together." I scoffed at her words. Rory...an old 'friend' that I didn't really want to see. He was staying in our guest room tonight. I didn't want him to but its not like the SOB had done anything personal to piss me off. I was just not interested in living in the past. "He is a lair." I replied as Amelia mounted me and rested where she was, staring down at me. I brought both hands onto her thighs to rest there.
"You used to share woman?" She asked, frowning down at me. Fuck.  This is exactly where I did not want to go.
"I don't want to talk about this Amelia." I sighed deeply.
"Tell me how it was?"
"Amelia-"
"Do you ever think about sharing me?" She asked next. My eyebrows pulled forward at her words into a frown.
"What-no. Fuck no. Why would you ask me that?" I pushed her gently off of me and pulled her to my chest.
"Just wondering." Amelia shrugged and the conversation ended there. 
Now I just needed to know what that sadistic asshole down the hall wanted.
------------------------
Comment and vote.
Hope you enjoyed.
-Lu💋