chapter 18

A few days later I was back at college for my next semester. Me and Cole's relationship hasn't been this perfect since we first got together.

I was typing out my assignment on my laptop when I heard my phone buzz.

From: Dylan
Coffee?

To: Dylan
Starbucks on my block in 10

I shut my laptop after saving my draft. I grabbed my denim jacket, tying it around my waist in case it got cold later. I grabbed my keys and slid my phone into my pocket. "I'll be back later Cole!" Cole jogged out of his room "where are you going?" "Dylan just asked if I'd grab a coffee." "Okay call me if you need me or a lift or something" he leant over and kissed my cheek, he held the door open for me and I began the short walk.

When I got to Starbucks I found Dylan already sitting with two coffees. "Caramel latte for you" he slid one of them to me, smiling. "How did you know my order?" "Cole" he shrugged. "Seriously?" I chuckled. "Yeah I also know your favorite color is green, not to light and not too dark and that you prefer sunrises over sunsets and cats over dogs." Dylan smirked taking a sip of his drink "he talks about you an awful lot you know." I blushed looking down.

"Well what's going on with you, we never talk about your life" I said laughing and trying to change the subject as I was blushing like an idiot. "Pretty much nothing interesting, oh but I've been talking to this girl and we're going on our first date tonight." "Ooh cute, what's she like?" I asked, propping up my elbow and resting my head on my hand. "She's very very sweet and kind, I just hope she has an exciting adventurous side and that she's a lot of fun." "She sounds great" I answered, grinning.

---

We lost track of time after our we became deep in conversation. Dylan checked his phone "oh shit I better go get ready for tonight." "Oh yeah you can't be late" I replied grabbing my things and putting my jacket on.

"Do you need me to walk you home?" "No no I'm fine and you've got a date in an hour." I hugged him and we parted ways.

As I walked down the sidewalk I thought i heard the sound of someone else's footsteps behind me. I was probably being paranoid but I looked behind me anyway.

"Listen I just want to talk" Jack stood with his hands up in defense. "Did you wait until I was alone to approach me?" He looked down "well your boyfriend looked like he would punch me last time, so yeah." I sighed "that was his twin but never mind what do you want?"

"Okay well I obviously don't have an excuse for what I did, I was thinking with my dick." I scoffed at his insensitive comment. "I know you won't have me back but I just want to be friends, your a great girl and I've missed you like you wouldn't believe."

"Listen I don't care that you've missed me and there are plenty of 'great girls' out there" I said mocking his phrase. "You have no idea how that affected me so I'd appreciate it if you stayed the fuck away from me." I turned on my heel holding my head high. I was honestly proud that I stood up for myself and didn't walk away crying.

I realized that Jack was absolutely nothing to get upset over anymore. I had moved on. I was so much happier with Cole.

I walked into our apartment and set my things on the counter. "Babe I'm home" no reply. I checked Cole's bedroom and but he wasn't anywhere. I tried calling but it went to voicemail I sighed assuming he decided to go out with some friends.

I made myself some dinner and sat and watched a movie. I ended up falling asleep, never hearing if Cole came home.

______________________________

Oooh

Vote, comment and share ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️