Chapter 3

The drive was short, but on the way she was able to see the thick foliage from the leaves blend together in a green blur and the wooden trunks of the trees merge together, she enjoyed the island and its natural surroundings. She had worked at the park for as long as Owen did, after winning a bet with him.

     Owen had dropped Marlo off close to the park which meant that she had to walk through some of the rainforest to get to the Innovation Centre side entrance, which she would then have to make her way through to the front, then to the main street plaza of the park, then quickly get a lift from one of the other workers to the dock. It was a good thing that she woke up early for this.

     She lifted up the sign that had the names of Claire's nephews on it and walked through the crowd with an annoyed expression. She didn't necessarily hate the visitors, but she did dislike them as they always wanted more. Which of course was one of Mr. Masrani's favourite things. He owned the park and would often drop by to see how things were or to give instructions, he had somehow only met her once and never her brother. Once, Marlo referred to him as always being; 'Chill.' Resulting in a reply from him of; 'Chill? No, I'm not cold. The weathers nice out.' Which in turn got a response from Marlo which was the sound of her groaning and slapping her hand to her forehead.

     Marlo was already getting bored of standing with the sign in her hand, she shuffled on her feet and started to make faces at small children walking by resulting in them giggling at her or being scared of her face. "That's us," she heard a voice speak up, she looked away from a baby and towards two boys. "Where's Aunt Claire?" Gray asked. But she already forgot which boy was which—not really paying attention to Claire.

     Gray had longish dirty blonde hair that curled slightly at the ends, he wore a plaid shirt, beige shorts, white socks, and old red trainers. Not only that but he had a small fanny pack around his waist which was slightly covered by his shirt. In his hand was a disposable camera. Needless to say he was adorable. Something Marlo never thought she would ever think to herself, even though she had no idea which one he was.

     "Consulting ageing cream with the dinosaurs." Gray looked up at her with red cheeks while he let out a small laugh and smiled at her, she didn't bother looking at Zach. "Well I'm going to take you to your room and then I'm leeching you onto Claire's assistant, Zara. Who has the attention span of a spoon, the attitude of Satan, and the looks of a goblin." She finished and heard a snicker from Zach.

     "What's your name?" Gray asked her.

     "I'm Marlo, and I will be your travelling tour guide from here-" She clicked her fingers as she pointed to the ground while shifting her weight onto her right leg making her body look extremely relaxed. "To there." She clicked as she pointed to the general direction of the hotel they would be staying at. "Any questions?" Neither of them spoke up so she nodded and started walking towards the monorail, which would take them to the hotel. The two boys trailing behind her.

     "What happened to your face?" Gray spoke up as he jogged to fall in line with Marlo, who had a quick pace while he was taking pictures of their surroundings, she turned her head to face him and Zach slapped his arm.

     "Gray, don't," he growled out, however Gray didn't listen. She caught a look at Zach, he had dark hair and dark eyes. He had a dark red shirt on with a grey jumper, he wore dark trousers and converse, he also had black headphones around his neck.

     "Genetics," Marlo replied as she pushed her way through the crowds of people. They seemed to be multiplying like germs which was something that annoyed her as well, they seemed to grow bigger in crowds as the seconds passed them by. "Move you baby hippo," she spoke as a child ran into her because he wasn't looking where he was going. "I will feed you to my Raptor." The boy looked startled and his eyes gazed over her face as his mouth dropped open and moved away from her, while Zach snorted a laugh but covered it with a cough. "But back to the answer of your question, Gray, work happened to my face." She saw from the corner of her eye Gray looking at her.