Chapter 20

You guys are awesome!

But I think I have a bit of writers block, which stinks, cause this is the final chapter.

Thanks for reading!
______________________________

"Desmond?" I gasp, staring at the drunk man below the deck of the boat.

Desmond chuckles. "We meet again."

I stare at Charlie, Jack, Sayid and Sawyer. Woah. I still haven't gotten used to seeing Sawyer shirtless.

LOL, I really need to get over his hotness.

Anyway, Jack sails the boat back to the island. I hold Charlie's hand the whole time, afraid that it'll start storming. I've never been on a real boat before.

But we got back safely to the island, thank goodness. With Desmond drinking even more alcohol. I kind of wanted to ask for a sip, but everyone else on the boat would kill me. Sawyer would probably push me into the water for real this time.

Then again, he'd do that no matter what. He's Sawyer.

Once we got back, I was exhausted, so Charlie and I went straight to bed. We talked for only about 5 minutes before falling asleep, which was strange. We usually talk for about an hour.

IN THE MORNING

"Goodbye, Natalie! Stay safe!" Michael calls. I glare at him and ignore him. Michael raises an eyebrow as he, Hurley, Sawyer, Kate, and Jack walk away. Charlie notices my worried expression and puts an arm around me comfortingly.

"They'll be okay, I promise."

I look into his eyes. "But what about Michael?"

Charlie shrugs. "Jack probably has a plan. He always does. You should go talk to Sayid."

I nod. "Let's go find him."

Charlie smiles as we head into the jungle towards where Sayid sometimes hangs out. But we don't see Sayid. We see something I've never seen before.

It's John Locke, leaning against a tree. Crying.

"John? You okay?" Charlie asks. John quickly spins around, wiping the tears from his cheeks.

"Don't worry, I'm fine. It's nothing." John assures us.

Charlie and I walk away to the beach, leaving John alone again.

"What was that about?" I wonder aloud.

Charlie shrugs. "Hope he's okay. Hey, there's Sayid."

I look over to where he's pointing, and sure enough, I see Sayid. I sprint towards him.

"Sayid! You let them go!" I gasp. Sayid turns around.

"Don't worry. Sun, Jin, and I are going by sea. We will start a signal fire. Then, Jack will lead them here."

I let out a sigh of relief. "Thank goodness. Please, keep them safe. I do care about them."

Sayid looks at me. "I promise that they will be fine."

I nod. "Okay, uh, thanks. And good luck." I walk away awkwardly. I feel awkward around Sayid for some reason. I still feel that guilt for what I did a month and a half ago. Maybe two months. I don't know.

"Can you play your guitar for me?" I ask Charlie as we walk away. He nods and smiles.

50 MINUTES LATER

"CHARLIE! Do you know how to get to the hatch?"

Charlie shakes his head. "No, but if you hum it, I could probably play it."