(#1) Prolougue

"Hey, wanna play Palermo?"

"Sure, why not?"

I woke up in an unfamiliar room. I had no idea where I was, only that I was alone here. It was a small room, a single bed with a dresser next to it. It was like a big closet, electric blue being the theme of the bedroom. I got up and turned on the blue lamp that was collecting dust. Everything was so blue, it made me feel dizzy and sick. Where was I?

I went to the door and opened it carefully, feeling fear crippling over most of my emotions. I only took my head out the door to look around. There was only a hallway. I stepped out and closed the door behind me with a sigh.

I looked around the small hallway, observing my surroundings. There were doors all around and behind them were probably rooms similar to mine. What had happened? I couldn't remember a thing. Was I abducted? Kidnapped in my sleep? I saw a silver bar screwed on the door with some engravings on it. Chris was written in bold, capital letters, my first name. I got an idea and went to every door there was around. Manos, Irene, Fofo, Elina, Nick... And one blank door. All of my friends were here, too. They kidnapped us all?

I heard one of the doors bang and yelling. Irene's. I walked to the door and opened it carefully. "Chris? What are you doing here?" She asked curiosity evident in her voice.

"I don't know what's going on, but we should probably get the others and leave as soon as we can." I said, trying to be brave but failing. I was petrified and confused.

"Thanks for opening the door, by the way. I still can't open doors since the incident..." Irene let out an awkward laugh and scratched her neck nervously.

I ignored her words and moved quickly to the other rooms, opening doors and waking everyone up. I knew she was just stupid, so her horrible lies were futile.

After we were all awake, we wandered around the small place, trying to figure out a way to escape. There was one last door left, a door without a name.. I stared at the door, as all the others gathered around behind me. Should I do it? I wondered.

"Just do it, gay vibes," Elina said, most probably feeling proud of her dumb gay joke in a time like this. I just went along with it and opened the door as slowly and as dramatically as I could, just like people do in these short stories.

There was only a big table in the center of the room, with yellow, old looking envelopes on it. We all walked to them, and picked up the ones which had our own names on it.

"Should we open them?" Fofo asked, feeling more curious by the minute about what was inside.

Nick was already tearing the thing open and we all decided to follow his lead silently.

The paper read:

Rules:
You don't work with the enemy.
You may discuss about the roles with others.
You may not vote if you wish.

Penalty for breaking rules is death, both in-game and real life.

Role:
Survivor
Survive without dying from murder or lynching.

Abilities:
You have four vests that you can use at night so as to protect you from any attack. You may use only one each night. You win with anyone, unless you die.

Note:
If these are the only people left, the game ends at their favor:

Medium - Doctor - Survivor
Mafioso - Witch - Survivor
Serial Killer - Witch - Survivor

Serial Killer is immune at night.

Role list:
Medium
Doctor
Mafioso
Serial Killer
Survivor
Witch

Play nice and have fun!
In-game death is not real life death.

It was only a game. But who made it? And... Why us? The paper made me feel more confused by the minute.

"Hello, subjects."

We all widened our eyes and turned around the room to locate the voice. Where did it come from? I thought.

"Welcome to the game. It is simple. All you have to do is win. Have a good game." The voice said and snickered. Suddenly, everything fell into darkness.